Bluetooth Adapter Thread
Aug 31, 2016 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Allanmarcus

Headphoneus Supremus
New $20 Bluetooth adapter for wired headphones. Nice.

https://griffintechnology.com/us/itrip-clip-bluetooth-headphone-adapter

Probably not good new for the Moble BTS ($99)
https://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/wireless/

Update 2016-11-18: Changed the name of the thread.

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 16
It would be nice if someone could make a very compact one of these with an integral 3.5mm jack which could plug directly into the headphones that take this size Focals, Sony, Psb. NAD VMODA etc. And EDIT Griffin Woodtones!!!
Having any cable defeats the object a little

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 16
It would be nice if someone could make a very compact one of these with an integral 3.5mm jack which could plug directly into the headphones that take this size Focals, Sony, Psb. NAD VMODA etc. And EDIT Griffin Woodtones!!!
Having any cable defeats the object a little

I'm guessing the market is too small for that

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 16
I'm guessing the market is too small for that

Ah but supply a few alternative adaptors such as 2.5mm as in Sennheiser and that market gets bigger. Not forgetting Beats 3.5mm. No need to a pair of Bluetooth headphones

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 16
Interesting. here's a product that has the BT in the cable, but only for one type of connector:

https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/accessories/bluetooth-cable.html

head-fi review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/westone-mmcx-bluetooth-cable-78548/reviews/16747

Sep 12, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #8 of 16
  Great find! I'll bet the Belkin is just a rebranded Jumbl

The only way to know for sure is to look at one internally, unless the FCC ID numbers match. I have bought several other items that look the same but are different on the inside. The cheap USB Bluetooth receivers are a good example. I use them in homebuilt Bluetooth speakers and boombox conversions.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 16
Ah but supply a few alternative adaptors such as 2.5mm as in Sennheiser and that market gets bigger. Not forgetting Beats 3.5mm. No need to a pair of Bluetooth headphones

I found this on ebay this week, after looking into making my Sennheiser 598 portable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-2-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Plug-For-Sennheiser-HD598-HD558-HD518-Earphone-6Colo-B1-/262554324484?var=&hash=item3d21750e04:m:mvmf5d0vB340ck9pG6YDvig

Will simply attached a short L cable into a BT receiver like the Griffin. 

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 16

The only way to know for sure is to look at one internally, unless the FCC ID numbers match. I have bought several other items that look the same but are different on the inside. The cheap USB Bluetooth receivers are a good example. I use them in homebuilt Bluetooth speakers and boombox conversions.

Jumbl is 4.0 and Griffin is 4.1. Most likely oem with a new chip?

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #11 of 16
Here's a pretty interesting take on the bluetooth adapter: Airmode

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1677707617/airmode-switches-wired-headphones-and-earphones-in

From Sound & Vision:
U.K.-based Audio Nation has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a Bluetooth adapter that makes headphones and earphones with detachable cables wireless.

Offered in three different versions, the AirMode Bluetooth cable is water/sweat-resistant and works with ear/headphones that have a single detachable 3.5mm cable or dual detachable 2.5mm or MMCX cables. The Kickstarter price is $49 but a number of discounted pledge options are available.

Here’s how it works: You replace the ear/headphone’s existing cable with the AirMode cable, which drops down from the headphone and rests on the back of your neck. A slender in-line controller with controls for volume and track skip houses dual microphones with noise canceling for making and receiving calls, the Bluetooth transmitter, and the battery, which takes 2 hours to charge and provides 6 hours of playtime, according to Audio Nation.
AirMode incorporates aptX and AAC codecs for improved sound quality with Android and iOS devices, respectively. The device uses the latest CSR8645 aptX codec, which is designed to improve headphone stereo separation for a more natural experience.

Compatible headphones include models from Bang & Olufsen, Master & Dynamic, Onkyo, V-Moda, Marshall, Sol Republic, Sennheiser, NAD, Beats, Monster, and Oppo. Compatible earphones include models from AKG, Westone, Shure, Onkyo, Pioneer, Sony, and Ultimate Ears.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #12 of 16
Still has wires though. May as well use something like a Sansa Clip+ or Shuffle with short cable IMO

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #13 of 16
Still has wires though. May as well use something like a Sansa Clip+ or Shuffle with short cable IMO

Depends. When I'm vacuuming or working out, I don't want wires hanging down from my ears. I used BlueBuds now, but the option to use something different without the wires hanging down appears to me. I may buy one and DIY connector of r my Ether C. Would be easy to make short adapters, but that would add weight and length. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #14 of 16
Well, i have several bluetooth receivers.
The best one I have now is the maceton wm4u followed by BlitzWolf® BW-BR1 and a noname device that looks exactly like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-V4-1-Receiver-Wireless-3-5mm-AUX-Audio-Stereo-Music-Home-Car-Adapter-/231905708579?hash=item35fea84a23:g:lTQAAOSwiylXBkam

The blitzwolf has a little lower volume than the noname device, but is slimmer and has controls.

Stay away from the small 3.5mm jack bullet style receiver. It has less bass and does not sound as good as other options.

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #15 of 16
I use a number of Bluetooth receiver transmitters to eliminate cables in my portable listening. I will admit that there is a loss in quality in the sound using Bluetooth never the less I think the trade off is worth benefit. I have a Fiio e17 with a Fiio A1 with two Tac Tronics Bluetooth receiver transmitters for full access to a smart phone or my X1ii. I started out just upgrading to a Outdoor Tech Adept with made my eq useless on my win phone so i picked up a Fiio A1. After using the amp for a month or so I started to think about the portable dac amp the E17 and took the plunge. After I got the E17 I listen to the e17 on it's own and then connected the A1 and was impressed enough that I was going to use both. Strapping three components with cables sounds great, portability goes down to 1 out five doing a quick listen to the smartphone using hard wired earbuds. I had already picked up a second Outdoor Tech for quick change as the battery life was not the best besides two is better. I quickly acquired two Tac Tronics receiver transmitters to bluetooth the dac. I tried different 3.5 cables to connect the components use inside couple of smart phone cases with the dac/amp strapped to the outside. There were issues that resulted I found that any small movement in the cables was casing signal loss that problem I solved with three Fiio cables and yes there is now a noticeable difference. I used some Velcro on the back of the dac to attach all the equipment. I usually have the volume already set at a reasonable level as I prefer only to use the Amp with the X1ii as I get more control I set the X1 at 10 and use the amp from mid 20 to low 30 volume setting. Is it worth Bluetoothing an amp I get the benefit of one click smartphone and/or player. On it own I think the dac produces the best sound it plug and play. As compared to the other stand alone equipment out there it real mickey mouse setup the wires are still good no need for a upgrade there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back