BlueTooth 2 pin cable for my iems.
Jul 7, 2020 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Solar1971

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.
Most of my iems are 2 pin, do i need a specific type of 2 pin to work with each manufacturer
of iem that i have?

For instance i have lots of KZ's and CCA's also TRN's and TFZ's
Will any old 2 pin bluetooth cable work? or are they brand specific?

Also i have seen some bluetooth cables for 17$ and 24$ online.
Should i stay away from cheap ones? or can they be really good, just like the chifi iems?

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 12
I think there are only two sizes that I have heard of

0.78 and 0.75 mm

I always look on the Plussound web page to see which is which

https://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/bluetooth.html

Scroll down to Compatibility List and you will see this:

0.78mm / 2-Pin / CIEM > JH Audio, 1964 Ears/64 Audio, Unique Melody, Earsonics, Kozee, Stage 93, Aurisonics (ASG-1.5, ASG-2.5), Heir Audio, Compact Monitors, Future Sonics, Gorilla, Alien Ears, Alclair, Dream Earz, Clear Tune Monitors, Frogbeats, Rhapsodio, Tralucent Audio, Spiral Ear, Vision Ears, Rooth, Noble Audio, InEar, Lear, Lime Ears, Rhines, CanalWorks, EarWerkz/Empire Ears, InEarz, Eartech Music, Advanced Ears, Cosmic Ears, Hidition, Cypher Labs, Stage93, iBasso, Oriolus, Asius Technologies, Aroma Audio, Cowon (X40), Westone (UM3RC, UM3X, W4R, ES Series, AC Series, UM2 Series), Audeze (iSine 10, iSine 20, iSine LX, LCDi4), Fender, FAudio, Jomo Audio, AAW, Moondrop
[Our 2-pin connectors will work on any IEM with non-recessed (flush) and recessed sockets]

0.75mm > Ultimate Ears (Triple.Fi 10 Pro, Super.fi 5 Pro, Super.fi 3 Studio), Altec Lansing (UHP336), M-Audio (IE 10, IE 20XB, IE 30, IE 40), Nuforce (HEM2, HEM4, HEM6, HEM8)

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 12
I think there are only two sizes that I have heard of

0.78 and 0.75 mm

I always look on the Plussound web page to see which is which

https://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/bluetooth.html

Scroll down to Compatibility List and you will see this:

0.78mm / 2-Pin / CIEM > JH Audio, 1964 Ears/64 Audio, Unique Melody, Earsonics, Kozee, Stage 93, Aurisonics (ASG-1.5, ASG-2.5), Heir Audio, Compact Monitors, Future Sonics, Gorilla, Alien Ears, Alclair, Dream Earz, Clear Tune Monitors, Frogbeats, Rhapsodio, Tralucent Audio, Spiral Ear, Vision Ears, Rooth, Noble Audio, InEar, Lear, Lime Ears, Rhines, CanalWorks, EarWerkz/Empire Ears, InEarz, Eartech Music, Advanced Ears, Cosmic Ears, Hidition, Cypher Labs, Stage93, iBasso, Oriolus, Asius Technologies, Aroma Audio, Cowon (X40), Westone (UM3RC, UM3X, W4R, ES Series, AC Series, UM2 Series), Audeze (iSine 10, iSine 20, iSine LX, LCDi4), Fender, FAudio, Jomo Audio, AAW, Moondrop
[Our 2-pin connectors will work on any IEM with non-recessed (flush) and recessed sockets]

0.75mm > Ultimate Ears (Triple.Fi 10 Pro, Super.fi 5 Pro, Super.fi 3 Studio), Altec Lansing (UHP336), M-Audio (IE 10, IE 20XB, IE 30, IE 40), Nuforce (HEM2, HEM4, HEM6, HEM8)

Hey Thank you!!!
I will check out that site.
I just wanted to get 1 pair of bluetooth cables so i could help my mom hear the TV better.
She has a really nice 4k TV at her house but the sound sucks.
I figure i could give her 1 pair of my IEMs plus a bluetooth cable.
I know her TV is a smart TV and it supports bluetooth. so...
Thank you very much :)

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 12
Hey Thank you!!!
I will check out that site.
I just wanted to get 1 pair of bluetooth cables so i could help my mom hear the TV better.
She has a really nice 4k TV at her house but the sound sucks.
I figure i could give her 1 pair of my IEMs plus a bluetooth cable.
I know her TV is a smart TV and it supports bluetooth. so...
Thank you very much :)
Would a soundbar not be easier?

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 12
Would a soundbar not be easier?
Maybe a sound bar would be easier. But the problem is my mom has a lot of difficulty hearing
dialogue. She watches movies and she can’t tell what anyone is saying.
im not sure if a sound bar would be good for those mid frequency, center channel voices.
so I figure I could give her one of my IEMs that’s more mids oriented.
im not really sure, but for 20-30$ it seems worth a try.
thanks.

Jul 12, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #6 of 12
Maybe a sound bar would be easier. But the problem is my mom has a lot of difficulty hearing
dialogue. She watches movies and she can’t tell what anyone is saying.
im not sure if a sound bar would be good for those mid frequency, center channel voices.
so I figure I could give her one of my IEMs that’s more mids oriented.
im not really sure, but for 20-30$ it seems worth a try.
thanks.
Common complaint about the mixing. Main reason I've given up on watching stuff.

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #7 of 12
Apple TV with BeatsX BT IEM’s would be a good way to go

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 12
Not sure i like the Apple TV part.
I had an Apple TV a long time ago, and it sucked.
I returned it after about 1 week.

Did they add a fully functional Browser yet?
Thanks for the advice but i think i will avoid Apple TV for now.

Jul 13, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #9 of 12
Hey guys.
Most of my iems are 2 pin, do i need a specific type of 2 pin to work with each manufacturer
of iem that i have?

For instance i have lots of KZ's and CCA's also TRN's and TFZ's
Will any old 2 pin bluetooth cable work? or are they brand specific?

Also i have seen some bluetooth cables for 17$ and 24$ online.
Should i stay away from cheap ones? or can they be really good, just like the chifi iems?

Avoid all of KZ's BT cables. Bad antenna/signal.

TRN BT3 & BT10 were good (BT10 neck cable cover was annoying).

The TRN BT3S is probably better and what I would recommend on the cheap end. The .78 2-pin should fit most .75 & .78 2-pin IEM's. The variation in size is close enough it won't be an issue imo.

If it has extended 2-pin connectors like some do, you could get an adapter that uses the MMCX version of the cables for about $10-12.

Then there are more expensive options with better codecs, battery, features, etc. Fiio LC-BT2, Shure RCME-BT2, etc.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #10 of 12
Avoid all of KZ's BT cables. Bad antenna/signal.

TRN BT3 & BT10 were good (BT10 neck cable cover was annoying. BT3S is probably better and what I would recommend on the cheap end. The .78 2-pin should fit most .75 & .78 2-pin IEM's. The variation in size is close enough it won't be an issue imo.

If it has extended 2-pin connectors like some do, you could get an adapter that uses the MMCX version of the cables for about $10-12.

Then there are more expensive options with better codecs, battery, features, etc. Fiio LC-BT2, Shure RCME-BT2, etc.

thank you. So the BT3 Bluetooth cable is good. Ok thanks again.
I will look into those.

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #11 of 12
thank you. So the BT3 Bluetooth cable is good. Ok thanks again.
I will look into those.

Go with the TRN BT3S. Better chip and longer battery life.

Or if you want a possibly easier for her to use solution. Fiio uBTR is only $20 and uses the normal 3.5mm cable.

If latency (audio delay) is an issue you may need to step up to something with APT-X LL. Like the above mentioned LC-BT2 or BTR3K.

If she does not want to fiddle with IEM's and cables, I'd look into closed back BT headphones.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #12 of 12
Thanks for all the advice. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back