Bluegrass Meets AC/DC
Nov 4, 2002 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 7
I saw their CD in the local emporium a few days ago and pondered over it.

In the end I didn't bother as there were other CD's that were tempting. I do wonder what it would be like though? An interesting experiment no doubt. Certainly blurring the edges between country and rock so much more further.

I did get the recent CD of Southern Rock Opera by The Drive By Truckers. They are country band who have done a 2-cd tribute to Lynyrd Sknyrd that is quite listenable.

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 7
This came out a couple months ago. The guys were hilarious, remaining in character the entire time. They were playing it like they wrote the songs, and AC/DC plagiarized it from them.

Along the same lines, I would also recommend Luther Wright and the Wrongs' Rebuild the Wall. Except for a few playing with lyrics, this is actually very faithful to the original's (Pink Floyd's The Wall) songwriting, arranging them in country/bluegrass/etc. versions. Highly recommended to anyone (a) who has a sense of humour; and (b) who is a fan of the original.

Nov 6, 2002 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 7
Bluegrass Floyd! Now that sounds like a kick in the pants! I'll have to watch for it.

BTW - have any of you heard the Pin Monkey's new song I Drove all Night (previously covered by Cindy Lauper and, I think, origionally by Roy Orbison)? I heard a brief interview of them on the way back to town today, but didn't get to hear the song.

Trawler: if you haven't already, check out Common Thread: A Tribute to the Eagles. Thats about as blurred as the line gets in my book.

Nov 6, 2002 at 9:09 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
This came out a couple months ago. The guys were hilarious, remaining in character the entire time. They were playing it like they wrote the songs, and AC/DC plagiarized it from them.

Actually that cd came out over a year and a half ago. I remember seeing it when it came out and downloaded a few mp3's to check them out.

they have a new cd that came out in march, which includes covers of Walk This Way, Fat Bottom Girls, and Cat Scratch Fever among some other hits.

Nov 6, 2002 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
.....Along the same lines, I would also recommend Luther Wright and the Wrongs' Rebuild the Wall. Except for a few playing with lyrics, this is actually very faithful to the original's (Pink Floyd's The Wall) songwriting, arranging them in country/bluegrass/etc. versions. Highly recommended to anyone (a) who has a sense of humour; and (b) who is a fan of the original.

Hey, thanks! I just downloaded the MP3 from there web site - love that weed eater at the end!

Redneck as ever..........

Nov 6, 2002 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 7
One of my friends played a Hayseed CD for me this past weekend. The song was about a guy who broke up with his girlfriend and she took everything with her but one thing. The song is called (I am guessing due to the lyrics) "Keeping your poop in a jar." Just a clue to how silly this guys are. They're quite intertaining as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back