Bluebird amps
Sep 22, 2016 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JASru

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

Recently I was looking into budget portable amp as I want to get VE Zen2 and have themfull powered.
As I searched I understood that there is a very limited choice of portable solutions that can power up high impedance earphones and are below 100usd (the price limit for me). 

I stumbled upon Bluebird U6 on Penon and started looking into Ali, where I saw U3 and U3.6.

The question is what are the differences aside the looks? 
As I understood the power output is different, as well as functionality.

Gain switch: U6 - Y, U3.6 - Y, U3 - N
Power output: U6 - 580 mW 32 Ohms, U3.6 - 680 МВт 32ohm, U3- N/A

Are there any real owners of unmodded devices?
What is real output?
Any opinion is welcome.

p/s/ I couldn't find any reviews on these, but if I missed something the link would be good.
p/p/s Although the thread is called Bluebird, I would be glad if any options of powering high-ohm monsters are shown.

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 8
Just wanted to let you know I actually just picked up the U3 mini. I think it's a fantastic value. The build quality is beautiful and it has outperformed my expectations. I prefer it to my dragonfly although not quite as portable. Not bad in that regard either though. I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up at their current price.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm interested too. I was looking in aliexpress the u6 plus, which has Wima capacitors, possibility of op-amp rolling and
discrete buffer (apparently diamond buffer)

Has anyone tried this?

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 8
Just ordered a u3 mini that should be arriving in the next few days, I'll let you guys know how it goes!

EDIT: So got it today, I'll actually just try to post a review later, but can confirm what guiffre said, good build quality and sound!

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 8
I am also curious about the Bluebird WS9.8 which is touted as their flagship portable Class A amplifier. Seems it also has op-amp rolling capability. Hope to hear any review or experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back