Blueberry Boat Appreciation Thread
Dec 7, 2007 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

goldenratiophi

Headphoneus Supremus
Blueberry_boat.jpg

I must say it took me a long while to get into Blueberry Boat. I mean, not only is it 80 minutes, but it's so all-over-the-place that it's hard to listen to the first few times without getting a headache. But it suddenly clicked yesterday and I can't stop listening! Every track is simply amazing, especially "Chief Inspector Blancheflower" and "Blueberry Boat." I'm not sure yet, but I think I might like BB better than my previous 2004 favorite, Funeral!

oh, and I just noticed how "My Dog Was Lost But Now He's Found" ends, and I must say: lol.

Dec 8, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 9
In the past few years I have listened to this album probably more than any other album I own. I also really like Bitter Tea, but Blueberry Boat is an all time favorite album of mine.

I love the reactions I get when I play or recommend the Fiery Furnaces to friends... they are definitely either a love them or drive you crazy band.

Dec 8, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #3 of 9
Personally I think Blueberry Boat is great, but I simply love Gallowsbirds Bark. I just love the songs on Gallowsbirds Bark, and unlike blueberry boat, I dont have to be in the right mood/mindset to listen to GB. But I really like the Fiery Furnaces.

Anyone heard the new one they just released?

Dec 8, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyangryhappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the past few years I have listened to this album probably more than any other album I own. I also really like Bitter Tea, but Blueberry Boat is an all time favorite album of mine.

I love the reactions I get when I play or recommend the Fiery Furnaces to friends... they are definitely either a love them or drive you crazy band.

Yeah, I've gotten some "What IS THIS?!?!!?" reactions
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I think Blueberry Boat is great, but I simply love Gallowsbirds Bark. I just love the songs on Gallowsbirds Bark, and unlike blueberry boat, I dont have to be in the right mood/mindset to listen to GB. But I really like the Fiery Furnaces.

Anyone heard the new one they just released?

I've heard bits and pieces of Gallowsbirds Bark and like it but I don't find I need to be "in the mood" for Blueberry Boat anymore.

I've not yet heard the new release, but I'm planning on it sometime.

Dec 8, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 9
Which one is "Crystal Clear" on? I like that tune...

Dec 9, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 9
I just listened to Blueberry Boat all the way thru the other night and was wowed and swept along for the ride like I haven't been before. This is after I've been listening to the album for the past year or more...talk about a creeper! I've been able to listen to a couple songs and then get annoyed but I've found myself humming their songs consistently over the past month or 2...I think it's Eleanor's voice within the songs as much as anything...kick-f**kin'-a*ss! I haven't picked up their new one yet but figure I will, cuz' in a year or two I won't be able to get it out of my head...

Dec 9, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 9
Yea, fun CD to pull out once in awhile now. I definitely overdid it back when it came out and listened way too much, had to take a break from it, went back and listened more to GB, and the b-sides EP comp that came out after BB. And realized that EP cooks! Especially the combo of Tropical-Iceland / Cousin Chris / Sweet Spots. Fun stuff. But those 3 are the only ones I have right now. Haven't heard anything from the last three records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back