Blue Yeti Pro ASIO Playback Performance
Jan 5, 2019 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bobpaule

New Head-Fier
I have this microphone on my basement flight simulator rig hooked to AKG 702s. I did not even realize that the mic had a sound card until I got it by pure luck "defective" on the Bay and noticed the mini-stereo out connector at the top.

I was very surprised to see "ASIO Buffer Size" on playback settings on the control panel.

I loaded Foobar and tried JB Radio at 192kHz http://199.189.87.9:10999/flac , I was mucho impressed. In fact the soundstage is more detailed and precise than on the Marantz HD-DAC1 headphone amp.

I set a large buffer size and keep playing FLAC during breaks from wreaking havoc in Stalingrad with my Bf-109 where I also reap the benefits of great spatialization (engine noise feedback and enemy localization in close combat).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a side note, the cardioid microphone performance is on par, no more "say that again" on Teamspeak/Discord.

Cockpit Dec 2018.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back