Blue Sky's EXO 2.1 Stereo Monitors - Speaker "Blown"?
Jul 26, 2008 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GadFly

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

Long-time reader, first-time thread-poster here. Head-fi is the best, most civilized forum I've found. Always entertaining, always something new to learn!

I have a question about the monitors cited in the title. I bought these about 6 weeks ago and I've been happy with them in general.

I use them nearfield, at my desk, plugged into an X-Fi Xtrememusic. I listen to music at a low to moderate volume, never loud enough that I detect distortion.

Last night they sounded fine, tonight it's clear that something is very wrong with the right channel - the midrange driver badly distorts and "rattles" certain frequencies. I've ruled out software issues, connection issues, resonance from loose parts lying about, etc.

Anything else I might consider checking? Any ideas as to how this could happen to these carefully-handled speakers?

Jul 26, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 2
Are you sure it's not the sound card itself? It sounds like you've tried most other reasonable troubleshooting steps. Something may have come loose in that speaker, and if so, you should be able to do an exchange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back