Blue Man Group!
Mar 10, 2007 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

lmilhan

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm stepping out soon to see the Blue Man Group "How to be a Megastar Tour 2.0".

I must say that I haven't been this excited over going to a concert in many, many years.

Has anyone else caught them on this tour? If so, who are the guest artists? I am crossing my fingers that Tracy Bonham is with them again on this tour.

I hope it is as good as 'The Complex Rock Tour' was. If so, I am in for a once in a lifetime treat!

Mar 10, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 23
I saw them years ago at the WHFS festivile in DC. I won't tell you about the psyco active things going on but needless to say it was very trippy! They put a hell of a show on both a visually and sonic level. You will definately enjoy it.

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude the blueman group is so lame that it's not even fun to rag on them anymore.

I believe that is thread crapping!

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 23
Check out a great back-stage look at Blue Man Group's The Complex Tour RIGHT NOW ON PBS!

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Dude the blueman group is so lame that it's not even fun to rag on them anymore.

Yeah I was watching their concert on Video On Demand and I fell asleep LOL
biggrin.gif
Overall I just don't get turned on by their music and even the show
plainface.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Yeah, well so is your 'myspace' page.

Anyway...

Just got back, amazing show.

For those interested, it is almost identical to 'The Complex Rock Tour', with a few new songs and gags.

I was bummed to see that Tracy Bonham wasn't there, but the girl they replaced her with did a fine job.

Their cover of 'Baba O'Riley' blew the roof off of the place.

Anyone who could attend this concert, and claim they were 'bored' would need to check their pulse to make sure that they are still alive. Trust me, there was no falling asleep at this concert.

Very cool, highly recommended.

Mar 11, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #10 of 23
My wife and I went to go see the 'blue man' group 3 years ago, and I remember leaving that damn show thinking.. What did I just see? And this was after drinking saki! I've come to the conclusion that people tell one another that this show is awesome JUST to sucker people into going to see this show so they can also share in the '...What did I just see' mentality.. *sigh*
blink.gif
blink.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #11 of 23
it is entertaining but not for the $$$ you shell out..

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #12 of 23
I saw them in Vegas a few years ago. Didn't do anything for me one way or the other
plainface.gif
plainface.gif
frown.gif
plainface.gif
. They did some Sabath and AC/DC... er at least tried to. After listening to Randy and Bonn for 20 some-odd years, and having THAT sound etched into my brain... the blue dudes just didn't do anything for me.

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 23
I saw them a few years ago in Vegas and I enjoyed the show. I'm surprised some people didn't like it at all.
confused.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #15 of 23
I saw them on TV and was fascinated, found it very creative and entertaining.
I'd love to see them live, but I am afraid they are not a high enough priority on my "to see" list to make it within my budget constraints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back