Blue Jeans lc1 RCA VS. Emotiva X-series RCA
Sep 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mmayer167

500+ Head-Fier
Can anybody comment on either of these, both similarly priced. 

Thanks, M

Sep 12, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 6
do you guys who have emotiva rca's like them?

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 6
You really can't go wrong with the Blue Jeans.  My only gripe is the red/white rubber grips can protrude far behind your equipment, causing problems if your audio rack is close to the wall.  It's a very small issue though, and really says a lot about their cable if that's all I'm complaining about.

The Emotiva cables look very well built and are competitively priced, but I'd like to see some reviews before taking the plunge.

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #5 of 6
thanks for the input, it was tough but i just decided on the emotiva. they're soldered connectors vs pressed like bjc. I'm running a set of acoustic research performance series balanced directional rca's right now and they're good, but i wanted to see if i should keep these as my system updates so i'll try my hand at some a b and decide.

cheers, M 

edit: i ordered the emotiva and bluejeans, ill let you know what i think is better when i get to do some comparisons.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 6
So, I've had a chance to listen to both the bjc and emotiva x series rca. Describing the two was hard at first but with switching many times and sampling much different music i will conclude the Emotiva is a better cable....for me.
 Reasons: 
                Emotiva- very flat and even sounding cable, no tip or pronounce in any region really. I would definitely use this cable if i was testing amps dacs or headphones. Not any more musical than the bjc either. better bass resolution and depth as well for sure. All it took was one track by Distance to realize this with my TP's
smily_headphones1.gif
holy moly do these cables reach lower than the bjc. While the lower end is better than the bjc this is still a flat cable.

Blue Jeans Cable LC-1- yes, hearing this cable confirmed the upper mid and high pronounce some people talk about, but it was not any where near a bad thing, nor would a noob be able to pick this out really easily ( were not talking about much here). Where the bjc is different, as i just stated, is in the upper range where it seems to extend a bit more, although this being said, it didn't really offer anything to the listening experience for me. Which is why i chose the Emotiva to remain in my system. If i had gotten the bjc and not the emotiva i would be completely happy. certain songs i would rather have the bjc, but this isnt a perfect world.    

Just one note on build- I like the clean look of the bjc and wished the emotiva looked like them but oh well. the emotiva does look snazzy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back