Blue Jeans LC-1 vs Signal Cable Analog Two
May 7, 2007 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

golgi

500+ Head-Fier
I've been wanting to hear what good quality cables would sound like since right now my headphone system consists of the following Technics SL1210 > Denon DL160 > Cambridge Audio 640p phono stage > STOCK CABLES > little dot 2+ > Senn HD580's (w/650 cables). I want to replace the stock interconnect cable between the phono stage and the headphone amp with better quality yet low cost cables.
I have it narrowed down to the Blue Jeans LC1 and the Signal Cable Analog Two. Have any of you been able to hear these both and if so how do they compare? Is the Signal Analog two worth the extra $?

May 7, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 5
I only have experience with Blue Jean Cable ad I am very happy with their performance, specially at about $35 delivered. I believe both have a 30 day at home trial, contact each to verify. If so get both and you decide. Good luck and post your impressions.

May 8, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by golgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have any of you been able to hear these both and if so how do they compare? Is the Signal Analog two worth the extra $?

Yes, I have both. No, not worth the extra $. The LC-1 is a Belden custom spec to achieve Lower Capacitance (12.2 pF/ft). I'm pretty sure that the Signal is the original Belden recipe without the Lower Capacitance (17.3 pF/ft).

Have I compared them to each other? No but I have compared the LC-1 to cables up to the $900 Nordost Frey and preferred the LC-1. I could compare the A2 and LC-1 but life is too short and I am now beyond wire.....except for the occasion of saving you a few bucks.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I could compare the A2 and LC-1 but life is too short and I am now beyond wire.....except for the occasion of saving you a few bucks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Pretty much sums up my attitude these days.

BJC offers excellent cables for the price. I prefer to spend my money on more substantive improvements, such as speakers, headphones, and amps (and maybe a new DAC someday).

May 9, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks all, this is just the advice I needed! Off to the bluejeans website....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back