Blue Jean Cable - Good Stuff!
Dec 23, 2008 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

928GTS

500+ Head-Fier
So I just put in my new Blue Jean Cable MSA-1 RCA to 1/8" into my audio chain for my bedside rig which consists of:

Sony MDR-V6 - Darkvoice Figaro with 1967 vintage Amperex Bugle Boy 6GV8's - Blue Jean MSA-1 - Line out of Creative Zen Vision:M

I have to say I was pretty skeptical of the whole cable making a change on sound quality but going from a bog standard Radioshack item to this is definitely a change I can hear. Mind you I think its something you should spend more than $75 on and at $36 shipped this cable was quite a deal.

Listening between the two the sound stage is a bit wider and a bit more lively,guitars have a lot more life to them and you can hear the texture of the strumming more and such. The slight bass bloat I was hearing before merely from the Figaro being more of a fun and tubey amp is pretty much gone now and everything sounds nice and natural. Things just seem a bit better spaced out now in the sound stage and everything just seems to breathe a bit better now.

This is really a splendid cable and for $36 it did bring a noticeable and very pleasant improvement into my system. I heartily recommend the MSA-1 for anyone using a DAP as their source or for anyone who needs a good RCA to 1/8" cable. The shipping time was pretty cool,I ordered the 18th and its arrived here on the 22nd,well done.

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #2 of 8
Yeah, I have a couple of those cables. Like them a lot.Even have the Figaro. I have some Amperex tubes. What are the Bugle boys?

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 8
The term Bugle Boy just refers to the presence of the "Bugle Boy" logo upon the tube. This isn't a 6GV8 but it clearly shows the logo in question.

Amperex-27GB5-BB-3.jpg

The Bugle Boy logo was used during the time that most tube users consider to be the golden age of Amperex.

Dec 25, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 8
i just recently picked up one of these cables as well - the 1/8 to RCA. very well built and easily an improvement over the stock red and white.

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 8
i have the same cable but find the RCA plugs ridiculously tight. i swap cables/equipment a lot and it takes a lot of effort to plug and unplug that i just went back to using some stock RCAs. any idea how to loosen them up a bit?

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmashta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have the same cable but find the RCA plugs ridiculously tight. i swap cables/equipment a lot and it takes a lot of effort to plug and unplug that i just went back to using some stock RCAs. any idea how to loosen them up a bit?

I have the same problem with the left RCA...I might try bending the outer ring out ever so slightly. The problem isn't as bad with the Marantz SA8001 I just received, but with other units I am always afraid the female RCA board is going to snap off when I connect the cable!

Great sounding cable though, especially for the price.

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 8
yes. i found the RCA plugs to be very tight as well. after some use (i mean - attaching and reattaching them), they will loosen though.

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 8
Interesting topic.

I wonder if Blue Jeans makes interconnects with locking plugs. This way you can just loosen the grip when pulling the plugs out. If they had this option I would buy some RCA cables from them. I have their speaker cables and they are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back