Blue "ELLA" Planar Mags
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #16 of 16
As mentioned above (although in terms of clarity, Blue is just more accurate in just about all aspects) but also keep in mind, Blue Ella's can be found for about $400 nowadays, which easily puts them above any other in terms of quality for price.

The only thing I'd say is possible to break is the switch between on and on+ can wear and be a bit more touchy, and the cable with the in-line mic can break... But it has held up to a LOT of abuse over the years. Countless drops, spills, and abuse from my now-5-year-old daughter and 1 year old son, and I still use them every day for hours on end. So I have to say, they're built really solidly and I'm far more confident in these than any other pair I've used. Still the best headphones I could reasonably recommend to anyone. If you want quality, Ella's are the way to go. If you want open-back (and it's downsides) width and slightly thicker bass, Nighthawks could be a good option, but honestly the clarity on Ella's is far more impressive than anything I've heard from any other pair of headphones. It's the Tesla of the Headphone world, in my opinion, I just wish they would continue the line and offer more accessories (you can easily get replacement pads and carrying case for cheap online, too bad Blue doesn't really make these anymore, for now at least)
I actually currently own the nighthawks and want to know if it’s a good enough upgrade with the 400$ price tag. Now I’m convinced that this would probably be a good option now that my durability worries are cleared. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back