Blue Dragon V3 Sennheiser Cable*Review*
Jul 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 5
Yes. It is excellent, as always from Moon Audio. There is a little more treble extension compared to V2.

Jul 20, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 5
Cool! Thanks Ross, I was hoping you would see my post - I read your review of the Blue Dragon V2, and loved it. I'm excited about getting my cable! I have the HD600's, I think I'm really going to like it. I plan to review it here in the forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #5 of 5
Well I received my Blue Dragon V3 recently. I must say that I am extremely impressed in the improvement in overall performance of my HD600 headphones. (By the way I am using a Pioneer Elite PD-59 CD player that I am running to a Ray Samuels XP-7 (AD797) w/o the power supply). I really was floored initially by one thing, and that is the volume settings that I was using with the HD600 stock cable, compared to the Blue Dragon. With the stock cable I was really cranking the volume just to hear the music the way I like to listen to it. I prefer to listen at lower levels, and with the stock cable I was really struggling to hear some of the softer, subtler details in the music. With the Blue Dragon, I am able to set the volume at a comfortable listening level and not have to strain to hear those micro details, whereas before I was constantly tweaking the volume knob, and always wondering if I was damaging my hearing. Not anymore! I can't believe how I practically just nudge the volume pot on the XP-7, and I can hear things now so clearly, and all at such comfortable levels. That was one of the first things I really noticed about this new headphone cable, it was incredible right out of the box. I really was smiling from ear to ear. It was almost like I was hearing the HD600's for the first time, this first impression left me feeling that I should have re-cabled these things long long ago! Like the day I bought them! One of the next things I noticed about the Blue Dragon was the build. What a neat cable! This cable just looks cool, for about fifteen minutes I just sat there and looked it over. I turned it over and over in my hands, looked at it in bright light, and dim light. Let me tell you that this cable was built by a professional, it looks, and feels good. Very good. It is as flexible as any headphone cable should be, the Cardas connectors fit very snuggly into the HD600 earpieces. And the coolest thing by far is how the black tech flex looks over the blue polyethylene cable jacket; when the light catches it just right it looks like the scales of a 'Blue Dragon' - I find myself constantly looking down at the cable and just thinking how neat it looks. Now the sounds that I am getting from this cable are very smooth, velvety, insanely detailed, and extremely crisp. I know that some of that could just be the amp that I'm using to feed the HD600's, the XP-7. But these are the things that I am getting from this cable. I close my eyes, and I love what I am hearing! It truly is remarkable, the fact that I have never heard these headphones perform like this before truly means that this cable has just rounded out and perfected my modest home listening setup. I freaking love this cable. The sounds that I am hearing are beautifully warm and detailed sounds that have got me grinning from ear to ear. I am listening to the first disc of John Coltrane, Interplay, and It sounds so accurate, precise, and authentic. I listened to this disc so many times before with the stock cable, and it is just a night and day comparison. I am very happy with this purchase, and I can highly recommend this cable to anyone looking for an incredible jaw dropping experience with the Sennheiser HD600's. Thank you Moon Audio, and thanks for reading this review. Happy listening folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back