Blue Dragon v2 click-click-clicking
Mar 24, 2006 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mjb

100+ Head-Fier
I picked up a new Blue Dragon v2, 5ft balanced for my HD650's, took delivery yesterday. Anyway, it makes a clicking sound when I turn my head (or lightly wiggle it), where the left connector meets the driver (doesn't do it on the right side). It isn't electrical, happens unconnected/amp off. It appears to be the connector coating ever so slightly sticking to the side of the driver notch. But putting a piece of paper in between them does stop the sound. It's almost as if it's coming from inside the connector. It may sound rather insignificant, but it is very annoying, and being right near the ear, sounds rather loud with the headphones on. I have also quadruple checked that the connecter is inserted properly. I posed the question to Drew at Moon audio, but haven't heard anything yet. Was hoping someone here may have experienced the same problem and could help out.

And while we're on the subject...can anyone suggest anything for a creaky HD650 cup hinge...that's really annoying too.

Thanks,
mjb

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb

And while we're on the subject...can anyone suggest anything for a creaky HD650 cup hinge...that's really annoying too.

Thanks,
mjb

Yeah my HD600's do that on the right cup slightly. I dont know why, but it would be nice to know how to get rid of that.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #3 of 7
My HD650 did it as well. Kind of annoying at times. I paid good money for the plastic... at least make them quiet plastic instead of chatty ones... It's late at night... I should stop talking jibberish.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 7
sounds like something went wrong with the connectors; my V2 doesn't do that.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Hmm - does the cable have the HD600 connectors, like e.g. the Cardas has?

I don't know what the HD600 headphones/connector fit looks like, but I do know the HD650 cable has different connectors. My Cardas cable connectors almost completely disappear into the driver enclosures of my 650's when properly inserted. Perhaps, as you evidently self have discovered, it is just a matter of some additional wrapped tape around the connectors to make a snug fit into the 650's? I should say I never had any connectivity issues with my Cardas and the 650's.

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I read on a post here where the user used a bit of oil at the hinge points to help reduce the creaking noise. It sounds cheap enough to be worth a try.

Real Magic brand outdoor equipment oil works wonders and is totally plastic and paint safe. You'll have to reapply it every few weeks, as it's not made to permanently lubricate, but it's quick, painless, inexpensive, and totally safe.

You can get it at pretty much any outdoors supply store, usually in the fishing gear section. Wal-Mart carries it, for sure, and of course it's purchaseable online.

I use it to silence my creaky hinge joints and have never been more pleased with my HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back