Blu-Ray HD Audio with Headphones?
Jan 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Razzeli

New Head-Fier
Is there some way to get BR HD audio (TrueHD, DTS Master Audio) using analog outputs in soundcard with players like PowerDVD or TotalMedia Theatre without downsampling?

Or is the only way to get Auzentech Home Theater HD or some other soundcard with HDMI output and HDMI 1.3 compatible receiver and use it's headphone jack? I currently have Auzentech Prelude and a headphone amp (Corda Arietta) and was wondering what my options are.

Another question would be that if I get a setup capable of playing BD HD audio formats, does using Dolby Headphone or CMSS-3D downsample it someway? Thanks.

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 5
Another option is to rip the BD and remux the video and audio. The audio would be converted to FLAC and the video remuxed(no encoding) to an mkv. This could be played back on any media player with no downsampling.

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 5
With the Asus HDAV 1.3 you can play back without downsampling, but I'm not sure what happens when you use Dolby Headphone on it if it resamples it or whatever.

Jan 22, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Dolby Headphone won't work with a sampling rate higher than 48khz.

Ripping the disc might be the best option for various reasons (like convenience), but be aware that the AnyDVD HD software isn't cheap. They have a subscription, but with the way the pricing is set up, it's best to just buy the lifetime license which is about $150. Although, there are sales sometimes.

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #5 of 5
Yes you can use headphones with blu ray audio since it does non downsample thru analog. I do this all the time with my Headphones and my HDAV. You have to make sure you use TMT3 off asus site and there latest drivers to get the non downsample blu ray audio thru analog. You can use the TMT3 virtual headphone like thing if dobly headphone doesnt work with movies with high Hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back