Blown away by the Sol Republic Tracks Ultra V12 at best buy, doubt if they use amps
Aug 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nischint

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the headphones scene. I own and have tried a lot of headphones under the 25$ mark. I tried a few headphones on display at Bose and Bestbuy. To my untrained ears, I was blown away by the tracks ultra. I felt that the bass was awesome and clear and that the other parts of the music were well heard. I tried all Bose headphones and I was not impressed with the bass response.
The Bose and tracks ultras were tried with personal music from iPhone.
Now I don't trust these bestbuys and I think behind those fancy display units are amplifiers boosting the sound and probably made the tracks ultra blow me away. Or am I over-thinking this?
Another question is what are similar to tracks ultra's sound signature. I just fell in love with how my music sounded on these. But I read reviews saying they break easily ( the wires ). So any alternatives?

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 6
Thank you for the suggestions. Placed them both in my research list. Now just hoping I can try them somewhere. I have read their reviews on amazon and headfi. Most people have given positive feedback.
I listen mostly to ACDC, Black Sabbath, system of a down, pink Floyd, led zep, Metallica... But I like bass.. So I want to feel the drums in these songs and get to hear the other instruments fairly well too... Would the cans you suggested serve the purpose..?

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 6
If you like bass, the HD25 may be better for you. The M80 has a more forward midrange which makes it more suitable for rock/metal etc..
Do you prefer an aggresive, in-your-face kind of sound or a smooth, laid back signature?

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 6
I definitely don't want the lows overpowering and muddling up the mids and highs.. I like a smooth signature and my head responds to the drums and beats in songs.. Oh and I also listen to trance, house and similar kind..

Aug 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I definitely don't want the lows overpowering and muddling up the mids and highs.. I like a smooth signature and my head responds to the drums and beats in songs.. Oh and I also listen to trance, house and similar kind..

Well, the Beyerdynamic DT1350 fits your needs perfectly. I don't know how i forgot about it..

I haven't heard it, but many people say its better than the HD25 and M80. 

Here's a comparison Jude made between the two 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aahpv0_DDFE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back