Bloody Ebay!
Jun 27, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #16 of 23
since he is leaving tomorow, wait a day or 2 to reply to his e-mail.

catch him in his own garbage, and then report him to ebay if he slips up.

there are limits to what ebay, can do. Rember that the seller pays ebay, not the buyer.

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:54 AM Post #18 of 23
Maybe he mixed up the two? Or worse, swapped his broken one for your good one?

Edit: just read what you said about him bidding on two players. Just get it back in case he really breaks yours to back up his story.

Jun 28, 2005 at 3:26 PM Post #19 of 23
I've had a great idea!
At first, i'm gonna be really kind to him, offer loads of help etc. Then i'll say something like "If you bought two of them by mistake, it's understandable as you are a first time buyer, and i'll be willing to help you out of this problem". So then he'll think im a really nice, understanding guy (couldn't be more wrong
icon10.gif
) so he'll say "yeah, i'm really sorry, would it be possible to have a refund". I'll then hit him with something like "NO, YOU TIT! YOU BOUGHT IT OFF ME SO YOU'RE STUCK WITH IT! MUAHAHAHAHA!"

Genius!
icon10.gif

Dom

Jun 28, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #20 of 23
It really sounds like he found a good way to get a good player in exchange for the broken one he already had. Maybe he even had two broken ones. I don't suppose there are any ways to identify yours? If you had record of the serial number (if it has one) you could catch him if he's trying to rip you off. Otherwise, you could offer to pay part or all of the repair bill from an authorized shop or the factory itself. I don't imagine a quick solder job or even replacing the jack could be too expensive. I really don't think you're under any obligation to go out of your way so far as to take it back because he bought two and is going on a trip. That is not under your control, and he initiated the purchase. If he was under time constraints and had the money to buy two, he should've just bought one new one.

G

Jun 28, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #22 of 23
He paid you for the product, and the shipping wasn't insured. I don't think you are liable for any damage taken during shipping? And as someone mentioned, you can always leave a rebuttle remark below a negative comment if the buyer makes one. I would feel guilty as the seller also, but this guy sounds a little fishy with what's he's telling you. Take your money and just forget about wasting your time on this one.

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:43 AM Post #23 of 23
He bought 2 of the same mp3 player. That means the other one he bought might actually have that problem and he might send you the other one instead of the one he bought from you. I honestly would not accept he MP3 player back from him. The buyer is definatly full of crap. Good luck.

-Alex-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back