Bloodborne
Sep 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #16 of 42
My experience with the series was 2 hours of Demons Souls and then rage quitting for 5 years. Then I played Dark Souls 3 for about a month sporadically whenever I was at my friend's house. It was slow, methodical, and difficult. Then I played many hours of Demons Souls (it was slow going, that game is hard). Then I got Bloodborne and played it for a week straight murdering everything and defeating most bosses on the 1st or 2nd try. However after not playing the game for a couple months, I haven't been able to "get back into the groove", so now I get killed by random enemies and can't progress. The things we do for fun.

I love Bloodborne, I have played all of the Souls series and BB is my second favorite. For me:

Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls

Dark Souls 3 was pretty easy and I didn't enjoy it at all. Bloodborne gets more and more easy as you progress and learn to play. The first time, I tried to play it like Dark Souls and I got murdered a lot of times lol but it's an amazing game, not so difficult and really enjoyable. The Lovecraftian lore is incredible. The Fishing Hamlet has to be my favourite location, clearly inspired by The Dunwich Horror. Got the platinum like a year ago, that was the only difficult part because I don't have ps plus.

Tip for Tdock forget the armours and just keep upgrading your weapons.

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #20 of 42
Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I think FromSoft has expressed interest in bring Bloodbourne to PC after they have finished their deal with either Sony or Bandai/Namco (it was probably Sony). Hopefully they will throw in Demon's Souls too.

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #21 of 42
Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I think FromSoft has expressed interest in bring Bloodbourne to PC after they have finished their deal with either Sony or Bandai/Namco (it was probably Sony). Hopefully they will throw in Demon's Souls too.

Both Demon's Souls and Bloodborn are SCE IPs so I don't think is possible to see releases for the PC.

Sep 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #23 of 42
Took a month or so off from this game and lost interest.
I had just finished beating Rom the spider and kept dying a lot in the nightmare frontier.
Rom gave me a bit of a challenge, but somehow I beat him on the 3rd try. Even his spider friends were able to nearly one shot me.

So a few days ago I went back and finished off The One Reborn. Beat him on the first try, but I know he's supposed to be easy. I spammed a lot of blood vials though.

I tried going through the very last level of the game but did very poorly. I died on the first enemy after it spawned worms and I couldn't target them properly. Oops.
The enemies take me forever to kill and I had to run through the first area just to get to the next lamp.
I was level 58 or so and really just decided to level up some more and finish optional areas. I think I must have rushed through the game or something.

Went to Cainhurst Castle and found it much easier. Got all the way to the boss and warped out to go and spend my blood echos.

Tonight i'll try finishing him off and then getting access to Upper Cathedral Ward.

Not sure why I temporarily quit so close to the end of the game.

My character is a little unbalanced. I have Vitality at like 34, STR at 30 or so, but my Endurance was so low. I think it was like at 20!
I think someone once told me it wasn't worth leveling up Endurance that much and was the least important stat
confused_face.gif

Luckily my weapon is level 9 now since I got a ton of stones in the castle. I use the 2 handed version of the axe and rarely use a gun.

BTW the second visit to the Unseen Village is definitely the hardest area of the game so far (IMO). The last level is probably only difficult due to being severely under-leveled.

I died a ton of times in Old Yharnam too.

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #24 of 42
Took a month or so off from this game and lost interest.
I had just finished beating Rom the spider and kept dying a lot in the nightmare frontier.
Rom gave me a bit of a challenge, but somehow I beat him on the 3rd try. Even his spider friends were able to nearly one shot me.

So a few days ago I went back and finished off The One Reborn. Beat him on the first try, but I know he's supposed to be easy. I spammed a lot of blood vials though.

I tried going through the very last level of the game but did very poorly. I died on the first enemy after it spawned worms and I couldn't target them properly. Oops.
The enemies take me forever to kill and I had to run through the first area just to get to the next lamp.
I was level 58 or so and really just decided to level up some more and finish optional areas. I think I must have rushed through the game or something.

Went to Cainhurst Castle and found it much easier. Got all the way to the boss and warped out to go and spend my blood echos.

Tonight i'll try finishing him off and then getting access to Upper Cathedral Ward.

Not sure why I temporarily quit so close to the end of the game.

My character is a little unbalanced. I have Vitality at like 34, STR at 30 or so, but my Endurance was so low. I think it was like at 20!
I think someone once told me it wasn't worth leveling up Endurance that much and was the least important stat:confused_face:
Luckily my weapon is level 9 now since I got a ton of stones in the castle. I use the 2 handed version of the axe and rarely use a gun.

BTW the second visit to the Unseen Village is definitely the hardest area of the game so far (IMO). The last level is probably only difficult due to being severely under-leveled.

I died a ton of times in Old Yharnam too.

Well endurance is one of the most important stats, even more than vitality. The rest of the stats depend of your build. If you need to level up quickly you can always use the Lecture hall farming spot, use the rune that gives you more blood echoes.

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #25 of 42
I finally finished Upper Cathedral Ward tonight. It's a very short level, but was one of the hardest and most frustrating levels of the game.
I could barely kill those Brain Sucker things. Usually when they did their brain sucking they'd hit me again with it before I could recover.
Even those werewolves take like 8-10 hits even with my +9 2 handed axe.

I see people killing those brain sucker things so easily but I think I was a bit too low for the level. Maybe a 2 handed Axe wasn't doing me any favors.

I found the boss of the area (Celestial Emissary) to be one of the easiest in the game. I barely used any blood vials at all. The AOE attack of the axe really helped.

I found Daughter of the Cosmos a pain because I got one-shot like 3 times in a row. I had her almost dead on the first try but got 1-shotted when she was at 1% HP.
I died 4 or 5 times even with a NPC because I kept getting 1 shot. I switched to some different armor and that seemed to help.

On the try where I didn't get 1-shot she didn't use her "laser beams" and I made sure to not stand too far away when I was recovering my stamina.

I would have done better if I had checked strategies online maybe!

BTW I must be the only one in the world who hates "The Witcher 3". Got it yesterday and already traded it away for Dragon Age: Inquisition
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #27 of 42
I felt a lot more comfortable with Bloodborne than the DS series. I always tried to play the agressive in and out style of combat. Which was much harder in the Souls series. I think with Dark Souls 3 they made it a lot more "Bloodborne" friendly, being able to kind of play a similar style but with out the health give back system of Bloodborne. I do know that I was a much higher level than around 58 when I was towards the end though. The Daughter of the Cosmos was a nightmare. Even at a high level it was one of the harder fights fir me.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #28 of 42
I felt a lot more comfortable with Bloodborne than the DS series. I always tried to play the agressive in and out style of combat. Which was much harder in the Souls series. I think with Dark Souls 3 they made it a lot more "Bloodborne" friendly, being able to kind of play a similar style but with out the health give back system of Bloodborne. I do know that I was a much higher level than around 58 when I was towards the end though. The Daughter of the Cosmos was a nightmare. Even at a high level it was one of the harder fights fir me.

Bloodborne isn't an easy game, but I think it's easier than any Dark Souls game i've played.
I don't understand how people can call it a game for casual players. I imagine if they did play it they didn't finish it.

I stopped playing Bloodborne at the very last level. I really need to go back and finish it. There's just no incentive to since the game restarts after that.
Rom the Spider gave me some major problems at first. Upper Ward made me want to fling my controller.
Part of my problem now is that I'm still under-leveled for the last area.

I finished Dark Souls 1 a ton of times, but had a really rough time with Dark Souls 2.
I actually have quit it already because of dying against the ruin sentinels about 5 times already.
I don't have online access so maybe this makes it a little harder. I ran out of the items to use to call for NPC help.

I really need to go back and try to beat them. Maybe the game will get easier.
For ME, the game is like twice as hard as DS1. Not sure what i'm doing wrong really.
One thing I noticed though is that some levels in DS2 are super short.
I felt like I had to level up a ton just to make any progress.

I only rented DS3 and had problems with that too. Most likely I just didn't play it long enough.

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #29 of 42
I thought Dark Souls 1 was hard to me 2 was a bit eaiser. Dark Souls 3 the eaisest. Yeah I am not a big fan of beating games them doing a NG+ type of thing. There is never any real reason. I wont spoil Bloodborne (you may finish it one day) but at the end you get a new weapon. It sucks because it is a weapon I would love to have tried out but will never really use it since I lose interest once stating a NG+. I find the game is outragously more dificult depending on how you build your characture.

I think people calling Bloodborne a game for casual players is like wearing sunglasses without the lenses in. Someone cool and important started doing it and then it became the "in" trend.

I play all the games a similar way. I start out progressing. Then once I feel the game starts to win I run back and grind for stats. In almost every other games grinding to progress or get the better item/level turns me off from the game but in these From games I have no problem.

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #30 of 42
I think DS3 might seem easiest to everyone because most players are now experienced with the souls style. I do think its a bit easier, but only slightly. Dark Souls 2's dlcs were complete bs difficulty though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back