Blood donors
Feb 24, 2004 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

guzzler

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just wondering how many folk around here donate blood on a regular-ish basis?? I went for my second time yesterday, and I'm terrible with the whole thing. I don't mind needles, and it's not painful, but the mental picture of the thing gets me every time (big tube going up my vein)and I can't look at it at all. But despite this, I think it's a very good and important thing to do, especially seeing as my best mates brother needed blood after a serious road accident, and that kind of hit home seeing the state she was in about it...

so, who does, who won't, and who doesn't??

btw, I'm O+ if anyones interested
biggrin.gif

peace, g

Feb 25, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 11
I used to do it routinely -- I even earned a keychain
smily_headphones1.gif

It never bothered me and you get free juice and cookies. Its best to do it with friends so that the whole thing becomes a fun outing.

Feb 25, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 11
I would donate blood, but I'm underage and too skinny. By their definition anyway. I really don't understand why more people don't donate blood...it's not that painful is it? And besides, it has a chance of saving someone's life and you don't have to be dead to donate it.

Feb 25, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 11
Gee, with a name like guzzler, I don't know if I would want your blood or not. Might get a transfusion buzz.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
Anyway, I do donate, and I am A+. I'm in the healthcare field, and we have blood drives every couple of months here at the hospital.

Feb 25, 2004 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 11
I donate every 56 days (or as near as I'm eligable. I may have to push back a few days because I'm getting over a cold and I'm eligable again on saturday, if I'm feeling well).

O+ and I think that donating is just the right thing to do. And easy for the nursing staff to deal with me as well. Veins like garden hose, and I fill a pint donation bag in 3-4 minutes.

Although it's tough to convince friends to come.

Feb 25, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by braillediver
We used to donate in the Navy then go to the NCO club.

Mitch

It was much cheaper that way, wasn't it.
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 11
I donate every thurs, except i take a week off every 3 months for a protein check. but i have only just started, so i only have about 8 donations. oh, and i am O+.

and it's plasma i donate incase anyone is wondering why it's every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back