BLON BL-MAX Impressions
Jan 5, 2022 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Umer Shahzad

New Head-Fier
Well im kinda new for using iems but i had quite a few earphones before the chifi market started to rise, my first "iem" not earphone or a headphone was the qkz vk4, before this i had a very cheap yet one of my favorites earphones realme buds 2 (wired) since then i hadn't heard that kind of bass anywhere, well switching to qkz vk4 was quite a plesent experience in terms of details (i know vk4 doesn't have much) but from where i came from it was a real big jump up next thing i do is buy the blon bl03 and i loved it, there was good ammount of bass way more than the vk4, the great thing about the bl03 in my opinion is not the technicalities, not at all its the overall tonality and my favorite thing about the blon was its vocals and smoothness since i like to listen to them really loud something taht i wasn't able to do with the vk4. Im quite treble sensitive that's why i really liked the bl03s, next thing i do i buy the bl MAX at release from AliExpress and I love it and hate in other ways, my problem with the bl03s were if the separation and detail were a litte good they might be the perfect iem for me, so i thought the max as i saw the rewies was a dark sounding blon signature with smooth treble and good sepration and when i got them they sound thin as compared to the bl03s and i dont love the vocals from them and the fit is really difficult but the details, separation and soundtage is way better then the bl03, it lacks midbass punch but has good sub bass extension with just the right ammount of it, it seems the technically blon bl mac wins hands down but in tonality bl03 is still really good, im a fan of blon now and i really love both of them. Waiting for bl07 reviews

Im still searching an iem that has a smooth presentation, good imaging and sepration with well bodied mids and bass, not too technical nor too dry just a warm iem with some sparkler as well ass warmth, i was thing of bl05s or ccca c12 or the jade audii ea1 for my next buy

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #2 of 14
Im still searching an iem that has a smooth presentation, good imaging and sepration with well bodied mids and bass, not too technical nor too dry just a warm iem with some sparkler as well ass warmth, i was thing of bl05s or ccca c12 or the jade audii ea1 for my next buy

Check out the Moondrop Aria 2021. Another possibility is the Whizzer HE01.

Jan 5, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 14
Well those might be somewhat out of budget, my budget is around 50$ maximum

I bought my Aria (first hand) at $56 USD during the recent 11/11 sales on shopee. During sales it can be just a bit past your budget, but I would really top up the slight bit for the better quality.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 14
I bought my Aria (first hand) at $56 USD during the recent 11/11 sales on shopee. During sales it can be just a bit past your budget, but I would really top up the slight bit for the better quality.
Yeah i guess your right, and if you own the aria, how's the imaging and soundstage compared to others at that price point? I mean i heard great bass and mids never good imaging, dont need that much treble

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #6 of 14
The Aria (single DD) isn't the most technical set, but it has good timbre and tonality and is pretty all rounder. There are some multi driver IEMs with BAs that have better technicalities, but they have flaws of poor timbre or coherency issues.

Among single DDs, I would vote the Aria as one of my top 3 for under $100 USD for a single DD in terms of the 3 Ts of timbre, tonality and technicalities. Only thing is the shells may chip off paint, hasn't happened to mine, but some others in the forums report this. I do like it more than the Tin T3 Plus cause Aria is not as edgy in the treble, and has better bass tightness/quality, with better timbral accuracy.

Jan 8, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #10 of 14
I have the Blon 03, Aria and the KZ ZSX. Out of the 3, the 03 has little details the Aria has much more details (its still new and might need more burn-in) and ZSX has the most details, instrument separation and good base. I prefer it over the other 2 and the ZSX is around $50.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #11 of 14
A little update:
Bl03 would be a perfect iem for me if it had more detail while retaining its smoothnes, better seperation, a little more wide soundstage and imaging, that's why i bought the Max they are better than the bl03 just with a hollow feeling mids somewhat, thats what the max is lacking i think, otherwise they are more technical bl03s with better imaging, stage, detail and sub bass (not the quantity but the extension) and lets not forget with areally lovely cable, plus they are easier to drive than bl03s, my sources are LG v50, v50s and v30 (All on the high impedance) and the Max are i guess 25% ~ 30%? Louder than the 03s at the same volume. After a week or so max started to sound really good of what was my first impressions (i didnt broke in the MAXs), if you could fit them which is the hardest part this will make or break your experience i think, overall im really happy with these, if they had the mids like 03s then maybe thats all i need i guess

Jan 9, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #12 of 14
Oh yeah i forgot, one little fun thing about the MAXs i dont know if others iems feel this way, when i touch them while listening to music they shake and vibrate in low notes even though the 03 have more impact and louder bass they dont.

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #13 of 14
Apr 30, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #14 of 14
I take that back, T2 evo is ok only for the price, maybe a tip issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back