Bloggy, bloggy, bloggy!
Feb 24, 2009 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mark_h

Headphoneus Supremus
Once again university suffers at the hands of Stax and Bjork, the Beta Band and Grandaddy! I really have no clue as to what one writes in a blog, since it is an audio forum then that will be the content of this spiel!

I have spent the last few week trying out a number of CD player that I read best emulate the sound of vinyl, after all this seems to be the aspiration of most hardcore audiophiles! I personally love the sound of my LP12/Linto combination, it engages me and allows me to lose myself in the music, and it is this sublimation of the self that Freud defined as the pleasure principle! But he was of his gourd on cocaine and was having a riot at other peoples expense.

Er...My experimentation with my own pleasure principal led me to the conclusion that Linn's foray into digital players was vastly overrated and their fame should be confined to the LP/CD12. I will go as far to say that the output from my Wolfson dac-ed iphone was superior in almost every aspect to my Ikemi. Not something I wanted to admit to myself, but I tried and tested many Linn offerings and this was the conclusion I drew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back