Blog-fi
Mar 13, 2007 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

sebascrub

500+ Head-Fier
I've been holding out on this for a while, but I got bored last night (read, I was procrastinating) and decided to create my own. Anybody here have their own blogs as well? What are they about?

Mine is Appetite for Deconstruction. Its tag line is "An irreverent look at things that don't really matter". There isn't much on it yet, but it'll grow. Also, any feedback is always appreciated.

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 16
I run an urban culture/fashion blog with my fiance:

Grooveeffect - Urban Streetwear, Music, and Events

Other than that I have my personal/portfolio site which I hardly ever post to anymore... I think I never really had a real focus to it and I get the desire to speak to an audience out of my system with Grooveeffect. I just don't have the energy to post to this site as well.

My Site

--Illah

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #3 of 16
I keep a fairly personal blog about my life, and what I am up to. Ostensibly to right the wrongs of the world and keep me sane. I try to do this in a vaguely humourous manner. I also try to include a CD review at the end of every post, usually favourable, because they are plucked from my own collection and I am generally listening to them as I type. It's on blogspot, and it wouldn't be rocket science to guess that the username is the same.

Or, if you want a quick way to get there, you could type "stewtheking naked messiah" into google. (an explanation of this is offered in a previous post, if you're wondering why...)

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 16
Speaking of keeping you sane...

I was thinking of starting an anonymous site to blog personal stuff at, but I worry about it being traced back to me. Not that anything I say would get me in real trouble, just don't want friends and coworkers knowing what I really think about things
biggrin.gif

I'm surprised we're the only ones to respond so far, I thought for sure there'd be more bloggers sitting at the computers with headphones on...

--Illah

Mar 13, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 16
I guess I just treat Head-fi as my blog - and it's interactive since I get ideas from it, I'm not just sitting there trying to think of stuff on my own, hehe. Also 90 percent of what I type is just a response to some nice ideas others put forth here. For instance, this thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of keeping you sane...

I was thinking of starting an anonymous site to blog personal stuff at, but I worry about it being traced back to me. Not that anything I say would get me in real trouble, just don't want friends and coworkers knowing what I really think about things
biggrin.gif

I'm surprised we're the only ones to respond so far, I thought for sure there'd be more bloggers sitting at the computers with headphones on...

--Illah

Yeah, I'm surprised at that too...I thought there would for sure be at least a couple of people with blogs. I guess I arrived too late to the craze
blink.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebascrub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm surprised at that too...I thought there would for sure be at least a couple of people with blogs. I guess I arrived too late to the craze
blink.gif

If you're blogging for yourself, and its just a bonus that other people read and enjoy it, then it's hardly jumping onto the "craze" is it? I mean, if you have the same identical blog that talks about how rubbish the last political or sporting event was, then yes, you probably are coming in too late, but if its a personal thing, then that's a different matter.

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 16
Yeah one of my sites is semi-pro so that's my big motivation. Self publishing is great, and in that respect it's got a ton of value. Takes a lot of work though - we really only started getting serious in July 2006 and are continually working at it to build a large enough audience base to get sponsors and whatnot. We're just about there, and since I work in the online media / ad business in my day job I have a good idea of the potential ad valuations on our site...it's not to shabby for a side project
smily_headphones1.gif

--Illah

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 16
I have several blogs... started in 2004, when I finally paid attention to the people who told me, based on my stories, that I'd be a natural at blogging. First I had to find out what a blog was.

Branched out from there to include photography and sand sculpture in blogs because they're much easier to maintain than my formal Web site.

If you want to take a look, the place to start is:
http://lntouch.blogspot.com/
which is my link-concentrator blog.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chaos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have several blogs... started in 2004, when I finally paid attention to the people who told me, based on my stories, that I'd be a natural at blogging. First I had to find out what a blog was.

Branched out from there to include photography and sand sculpture in blogs because they're much easier to maintain than my formal Web site.

smily_headphones1.gif

Whoa...those are pretty cool sculptures.

I started my blog because I have no one to tell my random thoughts to, so I figured I'd tell everyone
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chaos /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

very nice, i like this one-

http://yis2003.blogspot.com/2005/05/...knock-off.html

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 16
i might start a blog on my progression as an audio enthusiast... i'd probably enjoy writing a long article when i get out of high school on my audio spending habits, though. something on how i afford everything and why i spend my money on such trivial pursuits... hi-fi + project studio = empty wallet.

Mar 16, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow those sculptures are amazing. How do you keep them stable?

--Illah

I pack the sand inside a form... and filter out all the shells, rocks and other non-sand items.

07f05site720X400.jpg

In this image you can see most of the major equipment. The black box-like item is the filter, heavy window screen over a wooden frame. Five-gallon buckets for carrying water, with the sprayer beside them. I spray the sculpture because water is what holds everything together. In the background is the cart I use for hauling the buckets and the sand, which comes from down the beach where it's finer. On the right is the filled form, cylindric because as a tensile structure it doesn't have to be stiff, and therefore heavy and hard to carry. This is my "short form," better suited to short winter days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back