Blocking
Feb 1, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 7
It means that user will no longer see your posts when he browses the forum, and your PMs to that user will also be blocked. Click on the person's name in any post and there is a link to "Block Member"

It has no effect on you or on anyone else on the forum.

"threatening" someone with it is a pretty silly thing to do - if I think someone is a twit, I just block them - I don't tell them about it.

Looking at your posts, I think I can guess why someone would be upset with you. All of your posts are in the buy/sell forum. That is NOT a place where you should be posting comments. Posting comments about someone else's ad is rude. If you have a question, then PM the seller. If you can't PM because your are new, then become active in the forums before trying to use the buy/sell. That's why the rules on PMs exist - so that a member doesn't just sign-up, swoop into the buy/sell, cause issues and then disappear.

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 7
I am not sure.
He posted an item for sale.
I shot him a PM asking whether the item is 110v.
Having had no response, I sent a second PM with an offer.
He then responded by saying if I were to "bother" him again, he would have me blocked. I think that is really a little unreasonable and high-minded.

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 7
It means that user will no longer see your posts when he browses the forum, and your PMs to that user will also be blocked. Click on the person's name in any post and there is a link to "Block Member"

It has no effect on you or on anyone else on the forum.

"threatening" someone with it is a pretty silly thing to do - if I think someone is a twit, I just block them - I don't tell them about it.

Looking at your posts, I think I can guess why someone would be upset with you. All of your posts are in the buy/sell forum. That is NOT a place where you should be posting comments. Posting comments about someone else's ad is rude. If you have a question, then PM the seller. If you can't PM because your are new, then become active in the forums before trying to use the buy/sell. That's why the rules on PMs exist - so that a member doesn't just sign-up, swoop into the buy/sell, cause issues and then disappear.

i dealt with Jin before, and he is more then a gentleman. Nothing to say about this.
Jin, just forget the guy and move on ! :)

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #7 of 7
I am not sure.
He posted an item for sale.
I shot him a PM asking whether the item is 110v.
Having had no response, I sent a second PM with an offer.
He then responded by saying if I were to "bother" him again, he would have me blocked. I think that is really a little unreasonable and high-minded.

I agree - that seems like an unreasonable response to a simple question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back