Blockhead w/o balanced source vs Max
Jan 26, 2004 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Jorg

100+ Head-Fier
My cd-player is Audionet ART V2 and I'm happy with it. I think it's one of the best players under 5000 $, allthough I've listened to not so many other models (Cary 306/200, Arcam FMJ 23 and Linn Ikemi). I don't say that Cary is worse (I say that Linn is worse and Arcam is much worse
smily_headphones1.gif
), for jazz or classical music it might be a bit better but it didn't match my tastes (electronic music), so I decided to buy Audionet (allthough Cary has balanced outputs).

I have Senns HD600 and Grado RA-1 and feel that they (senns) could do better (don't like the midrange). And I consider now to buy a better amp for them and also change them to HD650. Is it worth buying Blockhead instead of Max if I don't have a balanced source? Of course I consider buying Omega II (or III
wink.gif
) or R10 or another supreme headphone but that's another story. Thanks everybody
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. BTW has anybody noticed the distortion in the middle of Paul Oakenfold's Southern Sun (when piano begins playing)? On my stereo setup there is no distortion and I'm worried if my Senns are ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back