Blind Test
Feb 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Crazy*Carl

500+ Head-Fier
Where are all the blind tests?  Mine are some of the only that I can find on these forums.

I am putting this out there, those of you with any add on "hi-fi" gear (I don't care if its a e7/e9 or a 1000+setup), I challenge you to conduct some blind tests and posts the results. PLEASE!

Don't turn this into a thread about the validity of blind testing.  I personalty won't buy audio equipment until I can get objective proof, aka a blind test in audio.

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 6
A thread called "Testing Audiophile Claims and Myths" or something of that sort opens with a compilation of blind tests.

EDIT: It's on this forum page.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Curious why you don't do the blind test yourself by buying and keeping/selling/comparing what you like and don't like, or go to a meet?

I absolutely would if I could.  I have never found a meet to go to (I move around the country all the time).  I have never found any place to test audio equipment.  Everything I have bought I have sold because it fails my blind test with the exception of headphones themselves.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 6
I'm thinking of giving blind tests a go but there's a few serious barriers:
I need someone to swap things around for me
I need the time to do it
volume matchine is hard :frowning2:

Once I get a couple of hours I'll post method, tracks, sources, headphones etc but I'm pretty certain my NFB-2 + HA160 will be easy to pick from my mac's onboard. I'll need to come in midway through a track to avoid the telltale static of the onboard too :|

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #6 of 6
(I move around the country all the time). 

that must be really cool. i would love to travel myself and explore but i defiantly would not be able to fund it unless i became a monk or something then i be doing it for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back