BLEW UP MY GRADO SR125
Oct 17, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If any Grados sound weak with electric guitar,something is seriously wrong, That is what all mine do best.
eek.gif

hmmm....hehe.. Maybe my I dont have audiophile ears then.

Oct 17, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by deftones99999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm....hehe.. Maybe my I dont have audiophile ears then.

If you have one on each side of your head ,then you are in the same boat as me.
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

I cant hear the bass guitar beacause the lead guitar is weak, making it distorted. When I put on my other headphones or earphones, I can distinguish the bass guitar with the lead.

You should be able to distinguish it anyway. Y'know... with it being an octave lower and everything.
I really don't understand what you mean, sorry.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #20 of 25
I'd say you need to improve your source. Either buy a Dac/amp for your computer or move to a portable device.

Oct 18, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

...I cant hear the bass guitar beacause the lead guitar is weak, making it distorted.

confused_face(1).gif
One of the most confusing things I've read on Head-fi

Oct 18, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face(1).gif
One of the most confusing things I've read on Head-fi

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

lol I know. I told you im a total noob
tongue.gif
As for my grado sr125, I am a little disappointed. I read that grados are great for rock. When I play some rock music that has some good amount of electric guitar in it, it sounds weak. I have $200 laying around and was thinking about purchasing the 325 version. I mainly listen to rock/classic rock, experimental/electronic, some jazz, and some hiphop. I really want to experience audiophile sound.

You are hearing the beginnings of audiophile quality sound. That's why the bass doesn't shake your fillings loose from your teeth.

Quote:

I really dont know how to explain it but for example, when I hear lets say metallica, I cant hear the bass guitar beacause the lead guitar is weak, making it distorted. When I put on my other headphones or earphones, I can distinguish the bass guitar with the lead.

The only sense this makes is if your other phones are bass buckets.

Grado 125 is about as close to as good as it gets in that price range. If you're running off onboard sound, or worse, laptop onboard sound, that's your answer right there.

Great phones don't sound great all by themselves; they will reveal your source's limitations. Cheaper phones won't because they're no better than the source.

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are hearing the beginnings of audiophile quality sound. That's why the bass doesn't shake your fillings loose from your teeth.

The only sense this makes is if your other phones are bass buckets.

Grado 125 is about as close to as good as it gets in that price range. If you're running off onboard sound, or worse, laptop onboard sound, that's your answer right there.

Great phones don't sound great all by themselves; they will reveal your source's limitations. Cheaper phones won't because they're no better than the source.

thanks for your input. Im beginning to hear the 'in your face' sound now. I was researching, and will probably try the Ultrasone PRO 750 or 780. I have the creative soundblaster titanium, but I will eventually be getting a DAC in the future.

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovebeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

HUH?? I know I sound confusing, but this quote.....WTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back