blanco
Sep 10, 2008 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

alexdemaet

1000+ Head-Fier
From Krmathis: "
The Signature 30.2 is not a power beast. Speaker sensitivity being the most important part. After all its a limitation what you are able to drive with "just" 30 watt."

Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2

I am looking for a pair of speakers for the Signature 30.2.
Suggestions are welcome
I am really a noob when it comes down to speakers - and I know this is mainly a headphone forum, but I might as well try here.
I believe the best thing to do is to start looking for speakers with an integrated amp, but aren't those very expensive?
Since I have an ACI subwoofer, it might be useful to check out the ACI Sapphire or Emerald (a good combination)?

Sep 10, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #2 of 8
From the RWA forum: "clean 30 watts RMS per channel will certainly power inefficient speakers, but up to a point. You may never want to go louder than what the 30.2 can provide in terms of output, so in this case you'll be all set. Some prefer to listen at moderate levels and not at live concert levels, especially if you are in a smallish room that can't handle too much volume (i.e., the room distorts from all the reflections, standing waves, etc.)."

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #4 of 8
Thank you Krmathis.
From Alwayswantmore: "Many of today's audiophile amps are low power -- some as low as 2-3 watts per channel. These amps are being paired with highly effecient speakers -- typically 93 - to nearly 100db.

I don't know how effecient ACIs speaker are, but I can personally recommend Omega 8" Hemp speakers, which run close to 100 db (with 1 watt of power). At least in a small room, the combination of Omega Hemps and 30.2 will play louder than any normal person could stand for more than a few seconds.

Best bet is AudioCircle. Check out the Omega and ACI Circles. Also, there are a few posts on Red Wine's Circle where people talk about which speakers they have paired with 30.2s.

BTW: There is no need to go to a powered speaker. Doing so would bypass the excellent sound quality you already get from the RWA amp."

Sep 10, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 8
don't overlook a pair of JM Mini Utopias (not the newer BE model). They run at 92.5 DB efficiency and disappeared completely with cheap 18W Dared 300B. They should be heaven with your 30.2 ...a combination I'd like to hear. Not cheap @ 3.2K used, but great WAF and rivals the big Utopias when paired with a REL subwoofer.

Sep 10, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shouldn't this be in the "Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories" section?

Probably, yes, but it's also about a speaker AMP. Oh, I mentioned SPEAKER; YES, definitely. Sorry about this
frown.gif

Sep 10, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back