Blackfield 3 - Welcome to my DNA (audio clips)
Jan 20, 2011 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

IPodPJ

MOT: Bellatone Audio
Caution: Incomplete customer orders
For those who listen to Steven Wilson's music, i.e. Porcupine Tree, No-Man, IEM, Blackfield, etc...

If you haven't heard by now, the third album from Blackfield, called Welcome to my DNA (horrible title by the way) will be released in late March.

I happened to stumble upon this Vimeo page and found an audio montage from the new album.  I have not heard this audio sampler mentioned anywhere yet, but here it is.  It sounds like there will be 11 songs on the album.

http://vimeo.com/channels/blackfield#18648464

It sounds promising.  Definitely more mellow than anything he's done in a long time.  I like it.  Sounds like it's got some mid '70s Genesis inspiration in it.

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 15
what's up with those glasses always, first Geddy Lee, now Steven Wilson, lol.

Looking very forward to the new Blackfield, going to the Holland concert in april

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 15

Quote:

Looking very forward to the new Blackfield, going to the Holland concert in april

Don't know, but a bubble bath with pink flowers?  Eeesh...
Found that pic on another forum.

The clips sound very good though.  I'm looking forward to the album.  I've always liked the Blackfield music, especially since PT has gone downhill in the past few years.  I think SW also has a solo album coming out later this year, and a new PT album scheduled for 2012.  It's going to take a lot of redemption to make up for The Incident.

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #6 of 15

Quote:
Quote:

Don't know, but a bubble bath with pink flowers?  Eeesh...
Found that pic on another forum.

The clips sound very good though.  I'm looking forward to the album.  I've always liked the Blackfield music, especially since PT has gone downhill in the past few years.  I think SW also has a solo album coming out later this year, and a new PT album scheduled for 2012.  It's going to take a lot of redemption to make up for The Incident.

Yeah it's a pretty shocking pic
biggrin.gif

We don't think the same about modern PT. I love The Incident (love the older work also), although I'm not very enthiusiastic about the sound quality of the latest album. The Wilson solo album, Insurgientes or something, did nothing to me.
I can appreciate Blackfield much, although No Man even more.

Jan 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #10 of 15
I've never been a huge Blackfield fan (it's my least favorite of SW's projects, thanks in part to Aviv), but those clips actually sounded promising. I may just preorder this album after all, despite its rather silly name. That said, I'm FAR more interested in the SW/Mikael Akerfeldt album and especially Steven's new solo album. Insurgentes is possibly the greatest album Steven has ever put out, which is a good thing considering how bland and watered down The Incident was compared to, well, all other PT albums and EPs. I imagine it appealed more to the Blackfield crowd (as opposed to those of us who gravitate more towards No-man, Bass Communion, or IEM) though, so I won't put it down completely.

And, by the way:

Jan 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #12 of 15
have to say SHE is good looking, she acually has more feminine hair than Stevey

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #13 of 15
I've already pre-ordered both the new Blackfield and new VdGG album (on vinyl) from BurningShed. I may be in the minority of SW fans, but I enjoyed "Blackfield II" much more than any of the PT albums since "In Abenstia." "Insurgentes" has started growing on me as well.

To each his own.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #14 of 15
I've ordered tickets to see Blackfield in Chicago in May. Playing at perhaps the nicest little theater in the whole city, the tiny Park West. That should be awesome. Very fired up.

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #15 of 15
What does SW's sexuality have to do with a music discussion? Nothing! So why bring it up?

"The Incident" while not my favorite has grown on me. "Insurgentes" is pure genius!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back