BlackBerry Passport plays high res flac
Apr 8, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #31 of 34
I would have thought a lower impedance is much harder to drive as it will draw much more current and so you'll need a more powerful amp section. Higher impedance means less current draw and more reliance on voltage swing. Hopefully that is technically correct..

May 1, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #32 of 34
Thinking about picking up the passport as I really need a physical keyboard for writing on the go (loved it when I had the Q10,but screen size a little too small). 

The general character/relationship between hi/low impedance is correct, but the other factor to consider is the sensitivity rating or SPL.  Some products make it challenge to reach the sweet spot or maximum potential.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #33 of 34
Has anyone already swapped their Passports with the Priv? If yes, how was it?

Hi karloil

I've switched from the PRIV to the Passport :) Never had a chance to test BB 10 until a few months .. And then I saw Passport Prices drop. Got mine around 170 Euros .. Such a low price for the best ever terminal I've ever had.

After trying 2 Android phones, I have to say I cannot live with this system. BB 10 rules, ergonomy is perfect, really and Android is not up to replace it.

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #34 of 34
Funny, I went the opposite route with the Passport/SE to PRIV. As a whole, the Passport and BB10 is a better experience, but a few key apps were no longer supported like WhatsApp, lack of USB OTG DAC support, and as time went on, the stock BB10 browser wouldn't render my frequent sites correctly. Now a days, I find using voice dictation over the PRIV keyboard for most things now.

I longed for BB to keep supporting and updating BB10, or a BB11 version, but sadly it's been abandoned. However, the Passport belongs in a museum as it represents the best built smartphones with keyboard, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back