Blackberry Curve 9300/9330 (UK/US) Sound Quality
May 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blue90

New Head-Fier

I was wondering how would sansa clip+ or other cheap mp3 players compare with a blackberry curve 9300 (3g) (US equivalent would be curve 9330)? 

As i used my visang on both the desire and the curve that i just bought, i noticed that desire was less loud and was warmer whereas curve has a more mid and treble oriented sound with less bass and i think it sounds much more dynamic and sound stage is very wide.

The thing is i hv been reading the forum abt blackberrys having poor sound quality but i couldnt find a thread which talks about curve 9300/9330 specifically. I think the sound is way better than my htc desire and my laptop which has realtek audio but i dono if getting the sansa clip+ would give me better sound quality and will it be worth getting it. Also, should i invest in an amp or is tere no point amping the visangs?

The thing is i wasnt expecting the phone to produce such good quality so i m quite shocked and just wondering if someone had a chance to use this phone. I also compared it with my friends iphone 4 side by side, same song, same everything, no eq, i must say that if the only difference i could spot was that bb might have slightly less bass but its hardly noticeable. The highs, mids, soundstage everything is on par with the iphone 4, i dono how but it is.

Now i m not sure if i should spend money on sansa or any other player and please give me ur opinion abt this specific phone, dont just say that blackberrys have poor sound quality unless u hv heard this phone.

P.S I dono exactly what an audiophile is but i know people will say that if i cant spot the difference it doesnt mean other people cant. The thing is i can tell the difference between different sources like i found bb very similar to iphone 4 whereas my laptop and desire really sucked. There r people who cant even tell the difference between different bit rates but i can and i also play various musical instruments so i have got a decent sense of music.

May 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #2 of 4
I found the opposite with my Blackberrys.  I used to have to run audio in the car thru a imput jack on my satellite radio.  On my iPods, it sounded horrendous, but the Blackberrys always sounded great.  My wife used to have a 9300.  She was no audiophille (well, neither am I), but she enjoyed listening to it when running.  I was never really a fan of the BB media player, though, and I don't know if there are 3rd party alternatives.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi.
Your post's of 2009.
Anyway I'd like to express you my opinion.
I've got a 9300 still too. And I'm a musician too.
I currently use my BB with some affordable (cheap ones) Sennheiser earphones.
I've got a Blackberry Playbook tablet, a Kenwood minicomponent, a pc, laptop and an old sansa mp3 player. My wife's a Samsung galaxy tab.
The BB+Sennheiser duo gives me the best overall audio experiencie, better than any other combination.
So, I'm impressed too with BB quality sound.
The lack of this is that BB has no fm radio, and I guess I'll buy another mp3 player with radio. But I wonder too if the perfomance of any mp3 player (could be Sony Walkman B-series)+Sennheiser could be superior than BB+Sennheiser.
Since we're in 2012, which was your decision finally?
Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back