BlackBerry Bold or Nokia E71
Oct 10, 2008 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Karlos

Head-Fier
As the title says please guys. Lookin to get a new phone upgrade and have to choose between one of these two. Used for work email and browsing privately mainly.

The E71 looks like its built like a tank, but I am told to go Bold by a fellow BB user.

Help me out here guys
redface.gif
redface.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 10
From what I know if you are a BB user then the BB Connect application is not available on the E71.

If I were to choose between the two, I would go with the E71 because it doesn't have the plasticky feeling and is really made out of chrome and not just chrome plated plastic like the Bold.

An extremely useful link be at Boy Genius Report
Try searching the website for some info on the E71 and Bold, they did a very thorough comparison between the two in almost every aspect.

Good luck choosing, its going to be tough!

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm an owner of BB bold myself, and the new OS is the best I've seen yet in cell phone world - I love symbian S60 with a passion, but new BB OS comes out on top. Add that to already impressive wifi, lovely keyboard, superior push email capability, GPS, and suprisingly decent audio quality with 3.5mm out.

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 10
i have been thinking of switching over to a BB...the problem is no one knows when the bold is coming out. theres been rumored dates for months now, none have been right. i dont wanna go out and get a curve and then find out that the bold is coming out

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 10
My operator Orange has suspended sales of the Bold because of quality issues??

Oct 10, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fortunately BB bold was relased a month ago up here in Canada, and we've been enjoying it very much so far
biggrin.gif

yea...a lot of people here are just buying unlocked ones for outrageous prices here in the US

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #8 of 10
apprently BB javelin is even better, minus 3G. Faster processor, better screen resolution, better camera.

BlackBerry Javelin 8900 Hands-On Hardware First Look | CrackBerry.com

if you liked the curve - basically BB curve on steriods. My friend is a RIM rep, and he's been testing the javelin - and ends up using that most often. Pearl Flip and Thunder on the other hand - are horrible. :S

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #9 of 10
I had the same dilemma recently. Decided to go for the E71. Contract renews in november, so that's when I'm taking the plunge. The deal breaker for the bold was that I can't use it as a wifi access point for my touch or laptop. But with the E71 I can, which is sooooo 4tw.

Oct 13, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #10 of 10
I do like the Nokia but for some unexplainable reason I am drawn to the Bold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back