Black Swan Project
Feb 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

barryt

Member of the Trade: Austin Audio Works
Hello Friends,

This is a quick note about the upgrades I have been making in the Black Swan Phono Pre-amplifier that you may find of interest.

These are:

1 - New layout of printed circuit board reducing hand wiring at bit and getting better current flows of the internal audio ground resulting in an inproved spacial quality.

2 - Elimination of all aluminum electrolytic capacitors in the audio signal path.  I have added a precision polymer film capacitor to block very low frequency information (below 3 Hz - turntable noise and record warp  offsets) and a new advanced polymer electrolytic for the same purpose in the final gain stage.  The combination has increase bass phase coherency and thus resolution over the very low-end (20 to 200 Hz) without increasing noise from the turntable-cartridge combination.

3 - Upgraded the potentiometers used in the variable cartridge loading to lower the inductance and capacity attributes of the control thus enhance the purity of the timbre alterations you can make in the cartridge/tone arm interactions.

I will be retro-fitting the evaluation units as I get them back with upgrades 2 and 3 for you to comment on.

Thank you for your interest in this project,

Regards, Barry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back