Black Sensaphonic Pro Soft 2X-S
Jul 22, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #31 of 39
To lighten the mood a bit..

When I saw that blue keychain pouch I thought "Oh cool, it will match my purse, ipod and ipaq cases!"

How much of a girl am I?
biggrin.gif

Now am I the only one who said "ewww" with that closeup shot showing the things collected on that earpeice?
blink.gif

Thanks for the pics, and it seems like, from _all_ the _various_ reviews, that sensa should be the first choice for me.

Jul 22, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
I have read the many favorable reviews on this site re the UE-10, but I seem to recall only two re the Sensaphonic, and the more input the better.

I'm quite happy with my Sensas. =o)
Not much of a review, though. But lindrones review sums it up real good.

Jul 22, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #33 of 39
If you look at the different reviews of all these products, you can read what they say and read between the lines, and a really clear picture starts to emerge of what they have a good chance of sounding like. I mean, the UE's and Sensas both. That's why I don't understand how people (who have never owned them) can get so polarized on the issue. Sure it seems like I'd prefer the Sensas, but that's just my preference.

Jul 22, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
When I saw that blue keychain pouch I thought "Oh cool, it will match my purse, ipod and ipaq cases!"

How much of a girl am I?
biggrin.gif

It's also interesting how Sensa changed some of their accessories kit. The blue keychain pouch doesn't have much padding, and is semi transparent. I got my E5c custom mold with one such pouch. My 2X-S, however, came with a grey, smaller, padded cloth pouch. Ultimate Ear's pouch is the worst, it's this cheap leather that's really tight, you have to squeeze your earpieces in, and it has no padding.

The box had changed from a metal box with faux vinyl skin to make it look more like a wooden box, into a plastic, water-tight seal box. I rather like the new box (I think it's made by Pelican?). It is smaller, more compact than both the old Sensa box and the UE box. I think Sensaphonics decided that if they gave you a more versatile and small carrying box, the pouch itself really isn't needed as much except to separate the earpiece from other accessories. Thus the non-padded, but better looking pouch. I still would've preferred some padding on my pouch though.

Nice to see that they still include a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor. UE did not include an adaptor in their box. The foam material inside the old Sensa box was better than UE's, but UE's had a much better metal box. The new Sensa case is still not as beautiful as UE's case, but very utilitarian, smaller and still very strong, so it can be used as a day to day case.

Jul 23, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #35 of 39
Hi!

If anybody wants more pics of them email me. I can view the original picture which makes the black single phone close up very microscopic in comparison. The original uploaded photo is 1236x1292 pixels (Black Sensaphonics ProSoft 2X-S Closeup!!). The tiff file is actually 30mb (4000x4000 pixels) but I cant post huge files.

ohhH! sorry for the lint. my camera has a habit of showing too much. I try to take good care of them but have had them for 1 week. I think I may need the right phone refitted. I'll see what happens.

<edit>
The left phone feels great!. I think I may be inserted the right one too far. I don't really know.
</edit>

ttyl

Jul 23, 2004 at 12:43 AM Post #36 of 39
Thanks for the pics and the info.

But please do post some more impressions/comments about the 2X-S's as you listen to them more
smily_headphones1.gif
Especially comparisons with other cans, which is always great for tempting people to break down and make the purchase
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #37 of 39
First, I am not a really keen audiophile. I just like good sounding music with tons of detail and everything well balanced throughout the spectrum. The other reviewers really said it best when the compared the shure e5c and the sensaphonics. The sensa's have nice bass but I mostly listen to trance music now. I'll switch to other types of music on occasion.

The reason I picked these over the UE-10? First, I read the UE-10 brings vocals to the front and I don't like that. Then, I read the comfort between the acrylic and silicone and silicone is way softer (my blue ipod mini cover is silicone). Lastly, my audiologist recommended Sensaphonics since she didnt know UE and silicon is way softer for my ears.

I can open my jaw, yawn, eat, talk, walk with no microphonics. A SUPER BONUS is a little tiny plastic circle that will tighten the two phones wires. Once these wires are tight, there is no microphonics whatsoever. The cable is really cool and shiny. I have had just the ER4-P (original - $330) and these. These have more bass and more detail. The sound isolation is the same between headphones. Very nice. The wires unfold and the memory wire is a true memory wire, I don't need to adjust them when I set it. I'll write more as I experience them more.

<edit1>
I think I just inserted the right phone correctly. It basically was pushing against the inner pinna. Once I pushed it in there, I could see the white depressed skin (that was being pressed) and things have become more comfortable. Sorry for the ramblings =)
</edit1>

ttyl

Jul 23, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #38 of 39
Just to add some additional info. The "plastic circle" thing that nappin talked about is a plastic tube that's on every IEM that can be worn from the back. It basically tightens the wires around the back of your head to insure it stays in place, and also eliminate microphonics. Shure E2c/E3c/E5c, UE, Sensa all have the same feature.

The memory wires of the Sensa is really a "memory wire". It is a plastic sheath that always curls into a semi-circular shape, so it'll always wrap around your ear and your head just the way it wants to. I've come to really appreciate it. The wires on the UE, E5c, are basically a cable with a section that has a metal wire in it. The metal wire retains the shape you bend it into. The solution gives you more control over how much bend you want, but it takes up more room, makes the wire much thicker. There's no comfort difference between the two.

Jul 23, 2004 at 6:06 AM Post #39 of 39
Hi Plainsong

You're absolutely right. That's why I have made no comment positive or negative about the Sensas reagrding the actual units themselves. How can I since I don't own 'em.

John

Member of custom IEM club, no longer just a UE-10 fanboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back