Black Sensaphonic Pro Soft 2X-S
Jul 19, 2004 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

nappin

New Head-Fier
Hi! I want to thank everyone here for their posts. I have recently received the Sensaphonic canalphones. I will try to post pictures as soon as I can. I am experimenting with them with my blue ipod mini. The sensaphonics came in a clear plastic case with all the goodies inside.

Thanks again.

Jul 19, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 39
Ohh sounds very sexy! Make sure you contribute some pics to this thread here
etysmile.gif

Jul 19, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 39
How much were these and how long was the wait?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nappin
Hi! I want to thank everyone here for their posts. I have recently received the Sensaphonic canalphones. I will try to post pictures as soon as I can. I am experimenting with them with my blue ipod mini. The sensaphonics came in a clear plastic case with all the goodies inside.

Thanks again.

Jul 19, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
How much were these and how long was the wait?

The price shouldn't be much different from the standard pricing.. I don't know if custom color adds any extra fee on top... but the standard price is $750 sans audiologist fee, and audiologist fee should normally be about $50 or so.

Oh yeah, I'm actually waiting for my new case... hehehe.. they don't use the old ugly box that I had anymore.

Jul 20, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 39
The wait was about 2 weeks. Ground took 1 day to ship HEHEHE (I live close to Illinois). I saved much on shipping the molds back to Sensa. Ground was cheaper than the cheapest airfare.

Customer Service is really good (though I have not had a chance to test it). I would like to thank everyone for telling me how to do the ear molds. I have never had them done before. I kept my mouth open the entire time until the molds solidified, even though my audiologist laughed at me =). The feeling is quite weird and as a bonus I even got to see my eardrum!

The fit is near perfect and I can't complain. I want to use them for a while to see if I notice anything odd. The wires are amazing. They immediately uncoil right from the pouch. The zipped pouch is blue color and has a keyring attachment with their company contact information on the front. The more authoritative reviewers stated their opinions on these canalphones and they couldnt be more right.

Given that these are soft silicon versus hard acrylic, I feel that they offer the best comfort above all other phones (e5c, er4p). My ears don't hurt after an hours time.

Black color didnt cost anything more. I just emailed them and everything was set. They accept cashier check too. =).

I'll do my best to post pics sometime this week but I am quite busy at work these days.

$750 for the phones, $5 shipping, $25 audiology fee =0.

ttyl.

Jul 21, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 39
I'd be interested in hearing your initial impressions, as I am trying to decide between the Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro and the Sensaphonic. I have read the many favorable reviews on this site re the UE-10, but I seem to recall only two re the Sensaphonic, and the more input the better.

Jul 22, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
I'd be interested in hearing your initial impressions, as I am trying to decide between the Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro and the Sensaphonic. I have read the many favorable reviews on this site re the UE-10, but I seem to recall only two re the Sensaphonic, and the more input the better.

That's only because everyone jumped on the UE bandwagon, believed their marketing hype, and automatically assumed triple-driver must be better than dual-driver.

Not that UE-10 Pro isn't competent, but it is not definitively superior, and not the right choice for everybody. The initial wave of purchasers would make you think that they were.

I think it would be more helpful if you had an idea of what type of sound signature you're looking for... that will help you determine whether to go with UE or Sensa. Just on sound quality itself, there's no superiority either way, they each have their own special characteristics, it's just which one you prefer.

On build and construction, the soft silicone of the Sensa is way better than the full-soft material of UE. Either is better than hard acrylic, although full-soft is just a tiny bit softer.

Jul 22, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #12 of 39
Hmm.. nice... the silicone body is hard to photograph though.. you really see how much lint and stuffs stick to it. I had a real hard time with that too.

I didn't realize how black they would be... I thought they would still be semi-transparent.. but that's really, really black.

I'm waiting for my new box... I still have the old style box, and they're supposed to be sending me a new one
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
That's only because everyone jumped on the UE bandwagon, believed their marketing hype, and automatically assumed triple-driver must be better than dual-driver.

Not that UE-10 Pro isn't competent, but it is not definitively superior, and not the right choice for everybody. The initial wave of purchasers would make you think that they were.

I wasn't assuming that the UE-10 was better, and I hope I didn't intimate that. I was just pointing out that there were more reviews of it in terms of numbers. I think I only saw two Sensaphonics reviews, both of which were quite positive. I would like to see more reviews of the Sensaphonic before making a decision. At this point, I am open minded, and have no preference either way, as I wish to purchase what will make me most happy. I don't view this a contest between Ultimate Ears and Sensaphonics, or between owners of one phone versus another, although some of the comments in the reviews of these phones would make you think that some people might have an axe to grind.

Jul 22, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #14 of 39
Here on Head-Fi, there's *always* an axe to grind.

It's also not the number of the reviews, but the quality of the review that matters more. All the first wave of people who were going to hop on the non-refundable non-resellable custom IEM bandwagon has already came and past.. so I don't think you're going to see a influx of Sensaphonics users anytime soon.

Jul 22, 2004 at 1:05 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone

Lindrone, I think you should stop making assumptions regarding other people you don't know anything about. I don't want to get in any kind of argument with you, but I think you should stop. That's it.

Quote:

On build and construction, the soft silicone of the Sensa is way better than the full-soft material of UE. Either is better than hard acrylic, although full-soft is just a tiny bit softer.

From the photographs the author of this thread has posted, I can definitely say that build quality is about the same. Explain what you are referring to. Regarding the material, I don't have the Sensas, so I'll keep my mouth shut. I just want to reiterate that I would not be happy to stick into my ears something that catches that much lint from the air.

And *I* don't have any axe to grind.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back