Black Schiit! (Or, our supplier's mistake is your, um, benefit?)
Mar 1, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #77 of 86
That Schiit just got real! O_O

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #79 of 86
Somebody is selling on eBay some black Schiit :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schiit-Asgard-2-Solid-State-Class-A-Headphone-Amplifier-Pre-Amp-Powdered-Black-/172568494672?hash=item282de24250:g:wh4AAOSw32lYwa3b

Saying bought brand new from Schiit four months ago.

Is this legit? I though the last time they sold black Schiit was 3-4 years ago?

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #80 of 86
um so I ordered a Yggdrasil and since it's currently back ordered, I was offered a Black Yggdrasil. At the beginning of this thread almost 4 years ago, it was said that the black Schiit products were a mistake and limited. So is Schiit now intentionally making black products or am I being sent a 4 year old Yggdrasil that no one has bought yet?

I'm fine with the color black. But since I just got  a Ragnarok a few days ago I'm wondering if I could exchange it for a Black one?

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #81 of 86
  um so I ordered a Yggdrasil and since it's currently back ordered, I was offered a Black Yggdrasil. At the beginning of this thread almost 4 years ago, it was said that the black Schiit products were a mistake and limited. So is Schiit now intentionally making black products or am I being sent a 4 year old Yggdrasil that no one has bought yet?

I'm fine with the color black. But since I just got  a Ragnarok a few days ago I'm wondering if I could exchange it for a Black one?

​I have already asked and the response was "we don't do chassis swaps"

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #82 of 86

Yggys age like fine wine. Yours is just coming into it's prime.
wink_face.gif

Actually, during the sheet metal fabrication process some parts become cosmetically blemished. Schiit could just throw them out, but instead had / have them painted black.

So, from time to time black Schiit becomes available. However, they do not intentionally build and stock black Schiit.

I believe a few black Rags have been built, but it is anyone's guess when they might be built again. 

Schiit has decided not to build and stock black units.  It would involve trying to keep twice the inventory.

May 1, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #83 of 86
Black Schiit is intermittent, and randomly available (from the perspective of the buyer). As of this post Jotunheim, Valhalla 2, Modi 2, Bifrost are available in black. And I know that Jotunheim has had at least two "runs" of black.

EDIT: They've also had black Gungnir and Lyr 2 before, iirc.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #85 of 86
Not to argue the Schiit out of this color conundrum but I thought I'd point out some obvious logic issues re the "black Schiit philosophy":

1. There's no good reason keeping black as a colour would double you stock level -> If you sell 100 units a month and ten of those happen to be black you'll still ship 100 a month - no? In fact you maybe surprised and sell 105 units a month. Also Henry Ford died a long while back so maybe more than one color option is possible now... he did have the right idea about the color though - LOL.

2. The obvious reason why "black" appears to not sell as quick is silver is because most of your customers buy (or plan to) Schitt in pairs e.g. a black Iggy and Rag. So who in their right mind would buy a black Iggy knowing they will never get a black Rag. We're all visuaophiles as well remember?

This is the simple conundrum I'm facing before dishing out mulla on a Iggy right now - if I buy black, then I probably won't come back to try some of the other Schiit you have on offer ;(

p.s I'm really enjoying the reading the e-book about the Schiit story :)

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #86 of 86
Not to argue the Schiit out of this color conundrum but I thought I'd point out some obvious logic issues re the "black Schiit philosophy":

2. The obvious reason why "black" appears to not sell as quick is silver is because most of your customers buy (or plan to) Schitt in pairs e.g. a black Iggy and Rag. So who in their right mind would buy a black Iggy knowing they will never get a black Rag. We're all visuaophiles as well remember?

This is the simple conundrum I'm facing before dishing out mulla on a Iggy right now - if I buy black, then I probably won't come back to try some of the other Schiit you have on offer

I for one am alright with a two tone stack. At first I was interested in a chassis swap to make everything match, but now I that I have had a few months of listening, the color makes no difference. in fact if they had rose gold as a color, I may add that too (come to think of it that might be a bit odd looking)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back