Black Sand Violet Z1 Power Cables
Mar 24, 2010 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sampson_smith

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just checking markl's excellent power cord shoot-out. It appears that the Black Sand Violet Z1 is a very safe and affordable way to go for powering my GLite DPS and also a CA DacMagic with Little Pinkie, when I finally get one. I looked up Black Sand's contact information, and, as luck would have it, they are produced here in my home town, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
biggrin.gif
I am shocked and excited to make contact and see if I can at least save on shipping charges.

Does anyone here have any experience dealing one-on-one with Black Sand? If not, how is their online customer service?

Lastly, any further impressions on their power cables? Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi sampson_smith!

John Cook is the man in Regina and Black Sand's
customer service is excellent.
I got several Violet Z1 power cords soon after appearance of
mark1's "power cord shootout" thread and I posted on my results with them
in that thread. I later had them re-terminated by John Cook of Black Sand
with the Oyaide P-004/C-004 plug and IEC connector which improved their
performance even more. They are excellent on sources and preamps, although
I found that the TelWire cord (comes w/ Oyaide P-004/C-004 plug and IEC connector
standard) is even more to my liking on those components.
I am still running the Violet Z1 with Oyaide 004s on two of three preamps in my m/c system.
I am running three of the Black Sand Silver Reference Mark V on all of my three Odyssey power amps. [Haven't gotten to try the TelWire HC (High Current) power cord on my power amps yet]

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Sounds good, rlmacklin! Thanks for the detailed advice. I think I definitely give John a shout sooner or later. So you posted your results within the markl thread? I will have to track them down. I thought that the thread was locked, though. If it is indeed true that the TelWire is preferable to the Violet power cords (for your uses, anyway), feel free to let me know if you ever decide to sell them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back