Black Sand Violet Z1 owners
Sep 2, 2007 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

2deadeyes

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some feedback from owners of the Violet Z1 PC. I'm curious if owners noticed a greater emphasis in the higher frequencies when using in new out of the box. The emphasis is quite present & noticeable; so much that some tracks can sound "edgy". If so, does the PC smooth out later on & how long did it take? I'm using the PC on my RSA Apache.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 2, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Yes. Your ears are working perfectly.
wink.gif

Not sure if you've read my review or others' impressions, but that's exactly the normal response to the un-burned-in cable. I found that over 150 to 200 hours the top end settles in, and it's all good from there (damn good).

But your ears, system and general mileage may vary. Still, it will never be a mellow, soft, warm, fuzzy, polite cord, but if you've read up ahead of time, you knew that going in. Good luck!

Sep 2, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 3
I find rather than using the word 'edgy'. the sound has more higher harmonic tone to it as if those naturally occurring harmonics were obscured by the lessor cable.

the biggest differences and the best attributes for this cable is bass...oh yeah..nice deep defined bass...yum..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back