Black Sand Cable's Violet Z1 power cord
Nov 6, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema
Probably coz he enjoys trolling.........
very_evil_smiley.gif

I am not trolling! I am annoyed because I simply would like to hear other impressions before order my Violet and then the damn thread gets jacked by another cables don't make a difference crap. So you are telling me that it is acceptable for to read threads that one has no interest in merely to tell everyone that they don't know what the hell they are hearing! My post is made in attempt to suggest to the naysayers that if they want to argue the merrits or snakeoil in the cable industry, there are many threads for them to do that! Also, to point out that EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion. However, it would be nice if the opinion was related to original thread and did not crap on anyone who is merely partaking in a conversation. Re-read my posts in this thread and you tell me where I stated anything as you just suggested. If you cannot determine the substance of my post, then don't respond to it or simply ask!

Nov 6, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes
...and down the slope we go!
evil_smiley.gif

When posting a quote to trash someone it might help if you include what that post is pertaining to. If you can't see how the comparison between someone who believes something sounds better regardless of measurements and how most of the people have faith in a higher power has nothing to do with empirical science then WHY ARE YOU POSTING. As far as I can see all but one member hear is interested in the damn cable, not whether or not that ONE headfier keeps telling everyone they are crazy. This is what my previous posts were about... an effort to return to the cable. Maybe next time my post will read:

STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU BELIEVE CABLES HELP!

Now that would be unlike me to impose my opinion on others including the one guy here. Instead I offered some situations that would clarify my opinion so that one guy can mull over it and maybe shut up or be constructive, his choice.

So I guess if I were impose MY opinion like Vul Kuolun, I would verify to everyone reading this thread that I have at least tried to A/B cords before telling everyone that they are crazy. So here we go Vul Kuolun, have you ever A/B compared power cables? If you have, have you ever tried the Violet? Or is it that you just like telling everyone that their ears don't work? Have you ever thought it is your ears that are damaged?

I worked in construction for twenty years and always wore ear plugs. My business partner from that era who did not wear them. When I hooked my HD650 to my iPod running full files he said it sounded good. When I hooked the cans up to the iPod and my WooAudio3 with Amperex pinched waist tubes he said, "I cannot believe you spent $1000 on that amp because it sounds exactly the same!"

Does that analogy clarify my first two posts or do I have to regress to the harsh, arrogant, and rude tone of this thread. IMHO, letting someone evaluate the info and hopefully see the light is much better that saying, "you suck!" Don't you think?

Nov 6, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vul Kuolun
Are you talking in the name of kool bubba ice, piere59 and markl who felt the need to warm this up after i ignored the bashing a week ago and refrained from posting?

BTW, what's your contribution here besides riding personal attacks on me?

Just don't ask for "scientific" explanations, and afterwards complain about the answer. You won't see me enter "lets-tell-each-other-how-much-of-a-difference-a-cable-makes" threads.

No Wul. I didn't attack you and I speak in the name of nobody but me. I just want give my personnal explanation to your interrogation.

I suggest to everyone to try different power cable and listen. If you don't hear any diiference, Keep your original power cord but if you hear....

I think also that the difference between power cords depend the quality of the equipement but this difference is not like night and day.

Nov 6, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre59
No Wul. I didn't attack you and I speak in the name of nobody but me. I just want give my personnal explanation to your interrogation.

I suggest to everyone to try different power cable and listen. If you don't hear any diiference, Keep your original power cord but if you hear....

I think also that the difference between power cords depend the quality of the equipement but this difference is not like night and day.

Ya man, try it and if you don't hear a difference return it. Some manufactures have a satisfaction guaranteed policy.

Another great deal out there are the www.diycable.com cords. I built my first cord based on there design and was impressed. Since then I have mad a few that sound better, but for under $60 it was a noticable improvement. I want to try a Violet just to see how well my cords stack up. Also, they are made by a guy near where I was raised. Small town Canada is making great cords and that makes me happy!

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #50 of 52
To me cables are like Gasoline. You have many brands and it make all work the same for some and for others it is so different station to station. My Chevy S-10 pickup it is all the same. If I had a Ferrari I may feel a little different.

Jul 30, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me cables are like Gasoline. You have many brands and it make all work the same for some and for others it is so different station to station. My Chevy S-10 pickup it is all the same. If I had a Ferrari I may feel a little different.

Nice ancient thread bump!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back