Black Sand Cable's Violet Z1 power cord
Nov 5, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vul Kuolun
There's no physical explanation to it. It cannot be measured, explained or even be prooved.
From this viewpoint,it's nothing else than ESP, Astrology, or other humbug you might think about.

The scientific explanation for it is called "placebo".

Agreed. If science can't prove it, it doesn't exist.. Shallow thinking if you ask me..

Nov 5, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Vul Kuolun, why don't you start a thread called "cables are useless" and then you can dish out all your non sense to people who actually listen to you?

Moderators, if there is a forum dedicated to cables people should be able for once to discuss about them: there is not a single thread in this section that is not totally derailled by aggressive and useless non sense by trolls like Vul Kuolun

Vic, believe me I've tried this line of reasoning many many times to no avail. We're stuck with the status quo. Although, to be fair, the mods can't be everywhere all the time to police this stuff even if they did think it violated forum rules or not (which still remain fuzzy to me and fuzzily "enforced").

I've suggested a "Skeptics Corner" kiddie pool sub-forum where they can rant and rave all they want, staying out of the Cables, Tweaks forum altogether. No dice there either. Actually most skeptics seem to be against that idea, because at the end of the day, all they are really into is fighting and trolling. How could they do that in their own sandbox with no one to point and laugh at and otherwise antagonize?

Nov 5, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #33 of 52
Well, strange enough, almost a week since the discussion left the oh so unpopular "does it make a difference at all" theme, people start pulling it back where they complain the discussion should never have been. Strange.

Obviously, it's never to late for a turn of "bash the skeptic".

But to be back on topic: The op asked: "Can anyone give a somewhat scientific explanation of why power cords are so important?"
Can someone please tell me since when exactly answering a question is inappropriate here?

Im sure the open-minded, breaking-the-boundaries-of-known-science-kinda-people can give some advice?

BTW, "placebo" is at least a scientific explanation for the phenomenon, which was what i was trying to say. Obviously, it just doesn't suit your expectations.

Nov 5, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #34 of 52
I don't know if it exist a scientific explanation, theory or research. I can hear a difference. It's what I know. Can I quantify this difference? No. Because it's a difference in quality. Not in quantity.

The science can't explain everything. Maybe the science will explain that in the future but it's impossible with actual science. ( But I'm not sure if one scientist want make some research on this. )

.... 600 hundred years ago, the science thank that the Earth was plane and the first scientists to tell that the Earth was a sphere were daclare as heretics and were killed.

Nov 5, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #35 of 52
So, besides placebo, there's actually no scientifical explanation for it.
Which is, except the fact that placebo is completely ignored in your post, exactly what i said.

As for your 600 Years and "science doesn't know everything" argument... oh dear.

Nov 5, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #36 of 52
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
redface.gif

Nov 5, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave
Vul...
If we all agree with you, do you go away?

Are you talking in the name of kool bubba ice, piere59 and markl who felt the need to warm this up after i ignored the bashing a week ago and refrained from posting?

BTW, what's your contribution here besides riding personal attacks on me?

Just don't ask for "scientific" explanations, and afterwards complain about the answer. You won't see me enter "lets-tell-each-other-how-much-of-a-difference-a-cable-makes" threads.

Nov 5, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #39 of 52
It's not an arguement! It's a fact. Vul Kuolun.
smily_headphones1.gif
The actual science doesn't know all and more important can't explain everyhing.

For me it's not important to convince you. I can hear the difference and it's possible that you can't.

Nov 5, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #40 of 52
What I do not understand is why so many headfiers are trying to convert each other. If you believe 100% that cable sound difference is merely placebo then why the screw are you ready threads about cables? Second, if another headfier believes 100% that they do make a difference then why the hell can't you leave them be?

Nov 6, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJN
Vul Kuolun:

1. No you go ask Sony/Phillips that question. How can it be some people don't like digital sound much less mp3? How can they measure when a source/amp/cable sound nice to me?

3. Fine you can't hear a difference between cables but that tells something about you not other people.

1. Do you eat dog? Some people find it a delicacy. I love the analog sound and strive every day to make the convenience of digital meet the life of vinyl. I would equate it to the idea of eating a nice meal and someone hardwiring your brain so they can trick you into believing that you ate a nice meal.

They probably can measure the output to see how close the spectral changes are to the original direct from the recording booth. Just a guess though. But the fact that Sony AND Philips got into bed together to test this is proof enough to me that it can be done. Sony generally does not play well with others and Philips is their #1 rival in the digital parts world. They must have deemed it neccessary for mankind! LOL!

2. You are damn right that it tells us something about you and him and the other guy. Do you wear boxers or briefs? Scientific research dictates that boxers are better for your nads and reproduction. This however does not mean that if you go running ten miles a day and are hung like a horse you should wear boxers. All of that loose and bouncing flesh can bump into each other creating a rather unpleasant feeling. Does this mean however that all couch potatoes MUST wear boxers and all athletic types must where briefs? If that was the case, breifs would not be sold to fit >34" waists and boxers would not be sold in <34" waists. I am not going to introduce going commando as it will likely be outside the realm of some headfiers comfort zone. If you want to do an A/B on the underwear idea, go for a run in boxers and briefs and report back to us! This brings in another dilema... Some headfiers may not have the neccessary hardware for this experiment. In this case, you might want to try a roll of quaters in a sock hung below the beltline loosely from your belt! Care to try this hypothesis with the above empiracal scientific framework or will you simply take MY word for it? LOL?

What is good for the goose is definately not good for the gander all of the time and the fanatics should realize this!

Nov 6, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
Agreed. If science can't prove it, it doesn't exist.. Shallow thinking if you ask me..

This is a foolish statement. Are you next going to tell the 5 billion believers on this planet that some sort of God does not exist because empiracal science cannot prove it? Or that chocolate ice cream tastes like crap because I prefer vanilla?

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #43 of 52
Ok this just turned into a big argument, but does anyone care to share any differences between the violet and chromium? I was wondering this as well and would like to save some $ if the difference is barely noticeable...

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentmacbeastie
This is a foolish statement. Are you next going to tell the 5 billion believers on this planet that some sort of God does not exist because empiracal science cannot prove it? Or that chocolate ice cream tastes like crap because I prefer vanilla?

...and down the slope we go!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentmacbeastie
What I do not understand is why so many headfiers are trying to convert each other. If you believe 100% that cable sound difference is merely placebo then why the screw are you ready threads about cables? Second, if another headfier believes 100% that they do make a difference then why the hell can't you leave them be?

Probably coz he enjoys trolling.........
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back