Black Sabbath on HDTracks
Jan 21, 2014 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

goldendarko

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like Black Sabbath's discography (1970-1978) is now for sale on HDTracks in 24/96 for $130. Anyone else going to be picking this one up? I was pretty impressed what they did for Van Halen's music, hoping for similar treatment for Sabbath.

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 30
Just bought it, used the 10% off special... Woot!!! Haven't had time to listen though.

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 30
I know you didn't ask me but I can say that they sound great compared to my lossless CD Rips. Similar to the Van Halen and Rush collections offered on HDTracks, much more full bodied sounding and for me these are the best versions I've heard yet.

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #6 of 30
I know you didn't ask me but I can say that they sound great compared to my lossless CD Rips. Similar to the Van Halen and Rush collections offered on HDTracks, much more full bodied sounding and for me these are the best versions I've heard yet.
Thanks. I have the CD rips, so I wanted to make sure these are worth the purchase. After my initial excitement, I was second guessing whether or not to by these. I think I'll keep them on my "must get" list.

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #7 of 30
Starting with the Vertigo Lp import of number one, I have spent years finding and listening to Black Sabbath Lps and CDs. There has always been a great intrigue in finding out what the source material is for these releases. The story of different masters being used for the LP 180 gram rereleases always has one wondering.

There has been a bunch of HD album rips too, but the thought of some Sabbath HD tracks sounding like the Rush HD tracks is exciting, more so when you listen to how much better the Sabbath records have always sounded in comparison to the standard Rush vinyl offerings.

http://www.e-onkyo.com/music/album/uml32464/

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 30
I decided to buy Paranoid from iTunes yesterday.  I had heard that the "Mastered For iTunes" ones are the same masters that HDTracks is selling.  I thought they sounded VERY good and they scored pretty high on my DR Meter in foobar2000.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #11 of 30
No kidding, 7 GB is nothing for a desktop audio setup where storage is so cheap, but your really limited usually to around 128 GB at the most with most DAP's on the market. And for people like myself who have over 1 Terabyte of music on their computer, that just doesn't cut it and really forces you to choose only your favorite music to carry around with you or buy a ton of memory cards and have to swap them out all the time which is a real pain in the butt too,.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #12 of 30
No kidding, 7 GB is nothing for a desktop audio setup where storage is so cheap, but your really limited usually to around 128 GB at the most with most DAP's on the market. And for people like myself who have over 1 Terabyte of music on their computer, that just doesn't cut it and really forces you to choose only your favorite music to carry around with you or buy a ton of memory cards and have to swap them out all the time which is a real pain in the butt too,.

I have 64GB on board and 3 different 64GB cards, but it's a real pain to have to swap them...

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #15 of 30
I'm not at home, but it was War Pigs. Haven't had any time to really listen to them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back