Black sabbath and master of reality deluxe cds.....nearly perfect!
Jul 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Beyerfan70

100+ Head-Fier
Well where do i start with these deluxe editions,well i'm gonna cut straight to the point....they flat out rock!
I have so many versions of different sabbath lp's and cds but these deluxe one's...wow,they really are a masterclass of remastering!
To give you some idea i listened to both the new deluxe versions and the sanctuary 2004 reissue's and the castle remasters too and i gotta say these really do sound beautiful (if thats the right word to be associated with sabbath)
Imo these sound incredible,powerful,dynamic,rich and most important they are not loud.
If you want it loud you have to turn it up! yeah i know i sounds daft but you all know what i mean.
I actually think these are possibly the best sounding sabbath cd releases,in fact imo i think they are.
As for extra content well yeah i can see it not appealing to everone but there are some gems to be found,here is my favourite and it isn't even a song.
On the studio outtake of black sabbath right at the start ozzy says...."i'm being serious ******* i dont understand it,i can't remember the words...rofl,worth buying just for that!
Seriously though these are wonderful remasters,and i'm so proud to own them.
If the rest are this good i have some treats in store.
Quite brilliant!

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 4
I can't think they would sound better than a used thrift store Lp of Sabbath you could buy for $ 2 bucks.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't think they would sound better than a used thrift store Lp of Sabbath you could buy for $ 2 bucks.

Played through a tin can, a piece of string, and a magnet. Remind me why we come to this forum again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back