--- BLACK OUT SALE --- ALO audio
Nov 28, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #16 of 28
I would have sprung for a blind purchase of the Jupiter in no time if it were part of the blackout sale, especially so. I must admit that I have held off on making other purchases regardless of deep discounts in order to be able to get a chance at owning CampFire Audio's totl iem!

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #17 of 28
Haha, we are stealing the blackout thunder with Jupiter talk! By the way, when is the project Jupiter release date?
smily_headphones1.gif

The Jupiter is awesome but the Orion is no slouch, it is very accurate with a gentile extended and flat, true and un colored frequency response, you dont have anything missing in the freq. The SE BF Orion is the same all aluminum 100% billet CNC sell the production models will have. SE BF Orion has blacked out socket screws and is tuned and exactly the same as the production Orion. It also comes with the same stock Campfire Audio zipper pouch and same FEP 4 wire tinsel wire as the production Campfire products. Its a attractive and very capable IEM that we are very happy with.

We have been getting a lot of inquiries as to the rest of the Campfire line up and while we wanted to release them in the USA some time ago it just was not possible. We are a very small company and we are literally making them by hand one by one in our Portland Oregon shop. Its a slower process that what we had hoped for but we did not want to cut any corners and put our best foot forward as well as keep our same high standards as we always have. We were able to get some made and shipped to my bigger dealers overseas but do not have enough stock on hand to release anything at this time just yet in the USA. We are hoping for just before Christmas for the Jupiter if everything goes as planned and are working very hard to get to that goal.

I think the 2 packages we have for this BF is a great product and a good solid deal, we still have a few package deals left so hope more of you give it a shot :wink: Thank you all for your support.

Thank you and happy holiday!

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 28, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #18 of 28
Thanks for the reply Ken. I hope to hear the entire line-up eventually but Jupiter is the one that has captured my attention. When you have a chance, I'd love to read your thoughts behind the Orion and Jupiter, much like you shared on the Lyra. It's always insightful to read what the designer was thinking and shooting for when turning a given model. Good luck with your black out sale!

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 28
Very disappointing service from your Australian seller addictedtoaudio. I simply asked them if they can price match the suggested retail price of the American price. They had no interest. I get mixed result with addictedtoaudio, their hifitrader staff are very professional however their Melbourne branch have a very poor QoS.

I was there last week to get the AKT8iE. Anyway this shouldn't take away from Jupiter, it is an upgraded TG334 in my opinion however I don't think I will care to spend money every again with A2A folks.

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #20 of 28
Very disappointing service from your Australian seller addictedtoaudio. I simply asked them if they can price match the suggested retail price of the American price. They had no interest. I get mixed result with addictedtoaudio, their hifitrader staff are very professional however their Melbourne branch have a very poor QoS.

I was their last week to get the AKT8iE. Anyway this shouldn't take away from Jupiter, it is an upgraded TG334.

Sadly I have had the same experiences with them. They take their monopoly to extremes.
I just refuse to deal with them resulting in me missing out on some beauties but I just can't do it.

On the flip side the Orion deal is fantastic, but I don't think the sound described is what I am after personally.

Great deal though.

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #21 of 28
Sadly I have had the same experiences with them. They take their monopoly to extremes.
I just refuse to deal with them resulting in me missing out on some beauties but I just can't do it.

On the flip side the Orion deal is fantastic, but I don't think the sound described is what I am after personally.

Great deal though.

Yes sadly this what happens when the distributors is also the seller. The person I spoke to had no interest in trying to make the sale. He kept telling me, this is the price and that is it. I told him but the retail price is 1200 AUD (899 USD) and he kept telling me he is happy to price match if I can find anyone locally selling it. He knows that no one else in Australia sales ALO product and they have the monopoly as they are the distributors, that is why he was keep repeating that smart-ass remarks of his.

When the Australia dollar was strong they blamed needing to make a profit and high importation tax for their high prices, now that the Aussie dollar is weak they blame Aussie dollar for their high prices, how stupid do they think we are?

About Orion, i think it is ALO take on the Fitear F111. I didn't spend time with it but I think the Fitear lineup did have an influence on the campfire design. The design and packaging of Jupiter is just simply great value. At first I was skeptic of a 1200 USD quad design, but I notice the current retail is dropped to 899 USD and in that price range I can see it easily justify its price simply because of how well built it is.

Nov 29, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #22 of 28
We are also offering free Fedex 2 day domestic shipping and 10% off your orders of select items. Simply place your items in your cart to see the discount and free 2 day Fedex shipping.

:)

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #23 of 28
Yes sadly this what happens when the distributors is also the seller. The person I spoke to had no interest in trying to make the sale. He kept telling me, this is the price and that is it. I told him but the retail price is 1200 AUD (899 USD) and he kept telling me he is happy to price match if I can find anyone locally selling it. He knows that no one else in Australia sales ALO product and they have the monopoly as they are the distributors, that is why he was keep repeating that smart-ass remarks of his.

When the Australia dollar was strong they blamed needing to make a profit and high importation tax for their high prices, now that the Aussie dollar is weak they blame Aussie dollar for their high prices, how stupid do they think we are?

About Orion, i think it is ALO take on the Fitear F111. I didn't spend time with it but I think the Fitear lineup did have an influence on the campfire design. The design and packaging of Jupiter is just simply great value. At first I was skeptic of a 1200 USD quad design, but I notice the current retail is dropped to 899 USD and in that price range I can see it easily justify its price simply because of how well built it is.

You have to take into account our gst as well.

Though they seem to be selling the lyra at $1100? Which is fairly close to the the US msrp if I'm not mistaken.

I find that they tend to tack on too much for totl stuff but anything below that is pretty reasonable, especially seeing that in my experience their after sale customer service is top notch.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #24 of 28
You have to take into account our gst as well.

Though they seem to be selling the lyra at $1100? Which is fairly close to the the US msrp if I'm not mistaken.

I cant really speak for addicted but I recall them saying that Australia gov has some pretty hefty import fees and taxes, I do know this to be true from when we use to ship to customers direct, the import fees and taxes were crazy. So when we ship items to addicted to audio they have to pay crazy extra amounts to import them. I agree about the comments about matching and "other sellers", there are none. I will bring this up with the guys at addicted, I know George pretty well and feel like he is a honest and good business man so am sorry to hear your experience was not so great.

kb

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #25 of 28
Anything under 1k has no tax import and no gst. They (A2D) complained last year that they are missing on deals due to stronger Aussie dollar where in reality they are just loosing due to wanting a larger cut.

So while there are certain truth to all import taxes their argument has no real footing when I as a consumer can import any goods under 1k tax and gst free.

I find their after sale mix. Their Melbourne branch is a joke, they have a different return policy than the recommended national laws.

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #27 of 28
Add the gst and tax it would still be cheaper to import from overseas.

Once again Jupiter is on my list, its a great solid iem made with great care and attention to sound.

Sorry for going off topic, ill leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back