Black Mountain Cables (silver pinnacles)??
Jun 10, 2004 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tom hankins

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone tried cables from these guys? Black Mountain Cables(BMC). I won a pr. cheap in an audiogon auction. They have a return policy, so I figured what the heck I can use a pr. 1.5 meter cables around here anyway. These are the Silver Pinnacles with XLR connections. They are located in Las Vegas.

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 5
I have had a pair of their Pinnacle Gold IC for awhile now. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at judging cables. (I can't tell the difference between them and cardas neutral.) In anycase, you're welcome to try my pair of you like. Just let me know.

Jun 11, 2004 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds
I have had a pair of their Pinnacle Gold IC for awhile now. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at judging cables. (I can't tell the difference between them and cardas neutral.) In anycase, you're welcome to try my pair of you like. Just let me know.

Thanks alot for the offer! I guess I will just be patient and wait for the silver pinnacles to get here. The golds are suppossed to be better. If I like the Silvers I might take you up on the offer and see what the differences are between them. Did you get yours off of one of the audiogon auctions too?

Jun 11, 2004 at 10:33 AM Post #4 of 5
I have a Black Mountain Peak gold digital cable for about two weeks now and it's my first serious digital cable. I can't speak for their silver Pinnacle IC's as I don't have a pair currently but as far as their gold Peak digital cable to me they offer a clean and detailed sound. Bass was nice and tight with a fast delivery. Highs and mids where also well represented and not bright at all. The build quality on the cable was excellent and my cable was terminated with WBT Toplines. Cable is also very flexible, sorry I can't give a more detailed impression as i don't often conduct one.

Jun 11, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Thanks alot for the offer! I guess I will just be patient and wait for the silver pinnacles to get here. The golds are suppossed to be better. If I like the Silvers I might take you up on the offer and see what the differences are between them. Did you get yours off of one of the audiogon auctions too?

Sure did. I thought it'd be interesting to try out 'gold', and for the price, it wouldn't hurt if they turned out to be crapola. Fortunately, they're not crapola, and I really like the eichman RCAs. Just shoot me a PM when you what to try 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back