Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals from Head-Fi Sponsors!
Nov 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #61 of 79
Really bummed that the Moon Audio deal doesn't apply to HiFiMan products. That would have been a great deal.

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #62 of 79
Today Amazon is selling Klipsch Image X10 for $85

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #64 of 79
Are the V-moda Crossfades good at $74.99?

I know nothing about them but have heard of them... not exactly sure what their sound signature is though. What are they usually priced?

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #65 of 79
Are the V-moda Crossfades good at $74.99?
I know nothing about them but have heard of them... not exactly sure what their sound signature is though. What are they usually priced?

I would like to know these answers too. I'm about to impulse buy these anyway though...is $75 a really good deal??

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #66 of 79
Tyll Hertsens mentioned the Crossfade LPs briefly in this article: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/celebrity-headphone-deathmatch-v-moda
They look like a very good deal at $75, albeit not my cup of tea.

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #67 of 79
Yes it is a legitmate deal.  I own the Crossfade LPs and also gave a pair of them for a gift about two months ago.  I paid $160 for the Phantom Chrome color and $140 for the White Pearl color on Amazon (prices normally vary from about $100 to $180 based on color choice).  So it is a significant discount.

As far as the headphones go, the style, durability, portability, and accessories are about as top notch as it goes and that's the only reason I don't regret buying the headphones.  However, the sound qulaity is "V-shaped" with overpowering bass, so much as it can sound muffled and definitely drown out the mids and vocals.  I typically only use these headphones for travel or sometimes for listening to techno or rap music for these reasons.  They do sound decent when I use an equalizer and turn the bass down but that sometimes is a non-option and I almost always decide to listen to my other, more expensive and refined headphones unless I'm traveling.  The person I gave them to as a gift absolutely loves them because she is a non-audiophile, who mainly listens to house music, who didn't own another set of a nice cans, and is impressed with how stylish they look.

Overall, I feel like they are similar to the Dr. Dre Beats (which I don't own but have listened to friends' sets many times) but with far superior build-quality and a much better price.  Probably worth the $75 price tag just on style points alone but aren't going to please someone who really wants a good pair of headphones to listen to mid-range driven music.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #68 of 79
Has anyone managed to find $300 Senn HD650's anywhere other than the sennheiser website (which is no longer accepting the promo code posted by the OP)?

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #72 of 79
No, I haven't seen the 650's for ~$300 in a while, and Sennheiser started to regulate the prices and are generally forcing you to pay higher prices.

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #75 of 79
oh yes 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back