Black Felt inside AD900
Sep 21, 2007 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ruckus

If you look at the descriptions for the AD900 and the AD1000.

Virtually identical. I suspect its small differences, purity of copper wires used and other things I have no idea about.

But from outside looks different. AD1000 is see through while AD900 looks black. If you take off the pads, you see screws. You can unscrew and take the housing apart.

There is felt inside the aluminum mesh. If you take it out, which is easily done. Does not damage the phones or anything. Its just placed within it.

Now it looks just like the AD1000. Question is, does it sound really different.

I'm not sure. Honestly not sure. Seems like it sounds crisper. But the bass has less impact. But then I can't tell if its all in my head.

I think I'll put the felt back in

Someone else want to give it a try and see if they hear something different?

Sep 21, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Sorry about my english.
How do you remove the pad?
I have the AD900 and always liked the AD1000/2000 looks.
And commenting about your thread, well, I'm not very good at taking the differences about phones but I just remember taking (a year ago) the AD900 because it sounded better than A900 and AD1000 to my preferences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look at the descriptions for the AD900 and the AD1000.

Virtually identical. I suspect its small differences, purity of copper wires used and other things I have no idea about.

But from outside looks different. AD1000 is see through while AD900 looks black. If you take off the pads, you see screws. You can unscrew and take the housing apart.

There is felt inside the aluminum mesh. If you take it out, which is easily done. Does not damage the phones or anything. Its just placed within it.

Now it looks just like the AD1000. Question is, does it sound really different.

I'm not sure. Honestly not sure. Seems like it sounds crisper. But the bass has less impact. But then I can't tell if its all in my head.

I think I'll put the felt back in

Someone else want to give it a try and see if they hear something different?

Sep 22, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 4
The pad just pull off. Its got this elastic band thing. The elastic is pretty stiff. So it just fits right back on, the edge of it is stiff. It slides right back inside the slot along the sides of the headphone

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Can you post some pics? My English is so bad that i don't understand much
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back