black etymotics foam tips or for shure e4?
Dec 8, 2005 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

taran

100+ Head-Fier
is it possible to fit the etymotic black foam tips from the er6i or even the er4 on to the shure e4's.

ive also come accross super.fi foam tips.

as you can see, im not really feeling the yellow foamies that come with the e4's. they are great an all seeing as they give me the best seal but the yellow coloud just makes any dirt or earwas on them stand out a mile.

wohoooooooooooo they are so flippin good though. i havent tried them while out and about yet (only been home use but hopefully they should perform just as well.

but yea any advice on the foamies would be nice (",)

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 6
What's up. I use the black Ety foamies on my E5c's, and E4c's. They will fit fine, just don't be afraid to trim them down a bit. Use a brand new razor, and cut that clear plastic tube in the center, so it don't stick out. They seem to be not as tight fitting on the tube, as the Shure tips, but will work just fine. I like to use them, instead of the Shure foamies, because they are a bit thicker, giving me a better seal.
etysmile.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Dec 28, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm using the beige foamies designed for the ER6i with my E4's and they work *great*:

er22-13e.jpg

Much better than any of the Shure silicon tips or the Shure foamies IMO. For my ears these are the best fitting and isolating foam tips I've ever used. Bonus that they fit the E4 perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back