black comply vs regular comply?
Oct 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 10
ive never heard or seen a rosy/yellowish one

ive guessing the original grey colored ones compared to the new comply which are black colored..never used either as im perfectly fine with stock tips or olives so i cant compare them but im guessing thats what the op meant by the two tips

Oct 24, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 10
I doubt they would affect sound at all. Though I'm sure the blacks will last longer since earwax won't be as apparent.

Unless you're talking about the P-Tips, in which they are longer and have a slightly different sound from the traditional shorter Comply tips.

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive never heard or seen a rosy/yellowish one

ive guessing the original grey colored ones compared to the new comply which are black colored..never used either as im perfectly fine with stock tips or olives so i cant compare them but im guessing thats what the op meant by the two tips

The early Westone comply tips were almost pink colored. They switched to grey ones in the last 2 years or so.

I don't know about any other comply tips, but for Westone tips the grey ones are slightly better in overall clarity and transparency... though I doubt the op is talking about those.

I used black olives myself; comfortable, durable, bassy, and without much treble compromise.

Oct 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt they would affect sound at all. Though I'm sure the blacks will last longer since earwax won't be as apparent.

Unless you're talking about the P-Tips, in which they are longer and have a slightly different sound from the traditional shorter Comply tips.

Yeah I'm talking about the black vs grey tips. Basically, I'm considering getting the black ones (since they last longer.) But I want to find out if they sound any different. Some have reported that the blacks are bassier, others that they give a clearer, better sound. I'd also like to hear differences between the standard tips vs the longer ones as well.

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 10
Don't these foam type of tips simply expand to fill whatever ear canal they are in? How would that affect the sound coming from the IEM's? If they don't fill the canal well, the bass would likely suffer but why would the colour matter one iota? A harder material will expand slower is all that should happen.

Oct 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadcykler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't these foam type of tips simply expand to fill whatever ear canal they are in? How would that affect the sound coming from the IEM's? If they don't fill the canal well, the bass would likely suffer but why would the colour matter one iota? A harder material will expand slower is all that should happen.

The black ones have a coating like the shure "olives", which makes them rewashable, but from what I heard, may affect sound.

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #10 of 10
If you mean the ones with the wax guard (which come only in black, if I remember correctly) you can't really hear the difference. Or at least I can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back