Black Aluminium Volume Knob?
Mar 24, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 17
I don't wan't to hijack this thread but why are all these great looking enclosures and accessories are all made in Europe? Sadly the cost to import them in North America is way to prohibitive.

There's still Parmetal but they're not as nice and cannot order directly on the Web site or email.

Edit: I was referring to MrMajestic post above

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 17
Do a quick search (the 'search this forum' link, upper right) around this forum for, of course, knobs. Lots of discussion and lots of other vendors available as well. Lots. Maybe even more. But lots for sure.

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #7 of 17
That is what I did some weeks ago, unfortunately it is not that easy to find just a nice black one for my purposes.

Thanks for the suggestions that have been made. Maybe the size (48-50mm) + non knurled shaft is a bit rare..

But it is what I need :frowning2:

Mar 26, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 17
Anyone tried these yet?

DIY Enclosures LLC. - Parts & Tools

diyk2b.jpg

Mar 27, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by atap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone tried these yet?

DIY Enclosures LLC. - Parts & Tools

Yep. I have a gold one on my Beta 22. It's nice and made of aluminum. Wish I had ordered the chrome polished one instead.

DCP_1497-vi.jpg

I suggest you to contact the owner of DIYEnclosures (diyAudio - eboz) since he is liquidating the remaining of his inventory. Check if he has some left in stock.

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Ah, could you tell me something else - does it have a knurled shaft??

Huh? Sorry english isn't my native language. The knob should fits any 6mm shaft using a very small (provided) screw. I fit mine on this extension shaft:

diyext1.jpg

DCP_1424-vi.jpg

The shaft was not provided with the knob, I bought it separately.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestions that have been made. Maybe the size (48-50mm) + non knurled shaft is a bit rare..

Could be. I always like larger knobs like that myself and yeah, they are a bit tough to find. Good for you for sticking with it!

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #13 of 17
anyone know one of these with a hole on the knob like a finger dip that I could run a led through.

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #14 of 17
For the finger dip shape you probably need access to a CNC machine, but to mount an indication LED on the aluminum knop you can use a drill press to create a hole with 3mm on the front and 5mm on the back of the knop. That’s how I did it a couple of years back.
smily_headphones1.gif

Afbeelding042.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back