Bjork
Mar 18, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #16 of 30
Yep, Medulla & Vespertine, Debut, Post, Homogenic.....er, but this is an impossible question! I pretty much love all Bjorks' work...and agree, Medulla is seriously under-rated.

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #18 of 30
I went out at lunch and bought Debut dual disc. It won't play on my work computer
frown.gif
Have to wait until I get home.

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #19 of 30
I tried to rip the CD last night on my home computer. It ran all night and never finished reading the first track. EAC could see the CD, but obviously not read it.. iTunes and WMP could not ever see it.

I inserted it into my laptop this morning and iTunes could see it. I didn't start the rip though since I don't have EAC on my laptop.

Does anyone else have such problems playing a dual disc? I'm thinking that I never want to buy one again. I don't have a 5.1 sound system so the DVD layer doesn't do anything for me anyway. It's just the only thing Borders had yesterday.

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #20 of 30
A slight aside, her uk tour tickets are now selling online for £100 each, minimum of two per order! thats 200 plus booking fee! was going to go see her but thats silly money!

Apr 16, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #21 of 30
I have to agree that I think Debut is my favourite album of hers. I like the style switching between tracks like human behaviour, venus as a boy, play dead and big time sensuality.

Apr 16, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #22 of 30
Homogenic is so personal with her voice reigning surpreme over all the synth work and warm strings. Such fantastic contrasts.

Apr 17, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #26 of 30
I don't think I could suggest a 'best' Björk album. Start with the one that appeals to you (for whatever reason) and see where it takes you...

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I could suggest a 'best' Björk album. Start with the one that appeals to you (for whatever reason) and see where it takes you...

I couldn't agree more. I started out only liking 2 or 3 Bjork songs. Now I'd have a hard time picking 2 or 3 songs that I don't like.

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #29 of 30
Medulla is my favorite. The whole concept of that album (using no instruments other than voice the entire time) is just revolutionary on her level of production, and there are some truly excellent tracks. Vespertine is a close second for me, for "Pagan Poetry" alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back