Bjork
Mar 18, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 30
Debut for me. Though Vespertine is likely her musical best. Volta though starts so darn strong...but yeah, Debut overall.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 30
Verspertine is my favorite, followed closely by Homogenic. Some of the others I've only heard once or twice, some not at all, so it's not a totally fair comparison.

Mar 18, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #11 of 30
My sister being a big Bjoerk fan, thought the best way to introduce to her music was to let me borrow her Greatest Hits CD. Granted I have not listened to any of her other albums, but I think it is precisely due to all the orgasmic material available on that Greatest Hits CD.

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 30
I voted for Medulla, However, I think that the poll should have been titled "What is your favorite Bjork album" rather than What is the best Bjork album.

BTW, the surround sound mix of Medulla is absolutely stunning. If you ever get a chance to hear the 5.1 mix from the SACD version of Medulla, played back on a good quality multi-channel surround system, i.e. not through a "Home Theater In A Box" system, I think that you will be impressed.

That said, I can well understand why many people are not that fond of Medulla since it is perhaps Bjork's least accessible recording and at times it can rather difficult to understand.

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphp@optonline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted for Medulla

I voted for Homogenic, but I have to say that Medúlla is seriously underrated. It's probably my second favorite of her albums.

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #14 of 30
I love evrything by Bjork and the Sugarcubes before that. Vespertine is my favorite. I cant get to grips with Volta for some reason? I just dont like it.

Mar 18, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #15 of 30
I went for Medulla because it's the most coherent album, with Vespertine straight after it. The other albums are all over the place in terms of style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back